Cress Creek Trail

Cress Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ririe, Idaho that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 252 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Cress Creek Nature Trail is maintained by the BLM. This is a gentle hike that provides a good view of the South Fork of the Snake River during the summer and awesome color in the fall.

Great trail to do with kids!! Places to stop and see great views!!

Great trail for beginners with some nice views.

a fun hike great view

great for bringing the kids!

This trail is beautiful! I'm glad I went a little out my way to check it out!

This is a fantastic trail that starts off paved but gradually turns to crushed rock/dirt. There are benches along the way and signs every so often talking about wildlife, plants, or historical information. There are lovely creeks along the trail and lots of forest and shade. From the parking area if you go across the road there is a small trail that leads to the snake river. Be aware that to get to the trailhead you have to drive on a gravel road for a bit. Less than a mile and easily passable by cars.

great simple hike. beautiful colors in the fall. the view us worth the trip to the very top

good solid trail. was a great day with my disabled son. get him up to where we can take something a little more adventurous

One of my favorite nearby getaways when I need to take a break from society and just sit still in nature for awhile. With a little more physical effort, hiking up the loop and scrambling over the rocks will offer such a beautiful view of the Snake River with the Twin Bridges, miles and miles of surrounding farmland, the churning windmills and even some mountains in the distance. Sunset is my favorite time to hike Cress Creek and I always come home with a grateful soul for the beauty of the world in my own backyard.

Very well maintained trail. Perfect for young kids.

Went with family with several kids 5 and under, and even a stroller. Kids did great. Good quick hike.

nice easy hike for all ages.

This trail has something for everyone. The first part is completely paved, very moderate and wheelchair accessible. The second part, the loop, is gravely and gives more of an incline for more of a workout. But if that’s still not enough of a challenge for you, you can head straight up the side of the mountain from the top of the looping the second part if you want to burn some serious calories and get the best views. Makes for a great day hike.

Awesome! Trail is 95% dry as of today! Great early season trail run. I made a few different loops with service roads and ATV trails.

The trail loops near the top where you’ll find a small water stream. It has great views of snake river and surroundings! I’d recommend hiking the trail in the winter time to get some great photos of the snow.

Nice short trail for the fam.

It was fun:)

I just completed this trail, with my 5 year old. we had a blast. I would definitely recommend it..

My family and I love this little hike. Kid friendly, and beautiful.

beautiful hike I've done it a few times, but we saw a rattle snake when we went last year at dusk in early august, so be careful.

Great trail. First half mile is all sidewalks (fully handicap accessible). The next half mile loop is well marked and has signs and benches. Even more fun is the trail to the top. It heads off the second loop. There are some steep sections and boulders to climb, especially near the top. The views of the Snake River from the top is fabulous. Well worth the challenge. Enjoy!

I like this trail but I like to expand on it. At the four wheeler trail on the east side I take that and go to the east up to the pipeline trail that goes north up the side of the mountain. Also on the east side of cress creek trail there is another trail that I call Kim‘s trail that goes straight up the side of the mountain they are both good workouts so a trekking poll or walking stick is a good idea.

It’s a beautiful hike. We always think we’ve passed it before we find it. The first half is paved and the second half is gravel. Go up the gravel for a great view of the snake river, and don’t forget to read the signs!

Great easy hike to take the family on. Super pretty views and diverse terrain. Passes by a few small springs that are pretty. Dog friendly! Make sure you have bug spray

took my wife 1 yr old 3 yr old and 8 yr old. was very enjoyable.

Awesome short hike

Monday, June 11, 2018

Pretty easy trail. Fairly well maintained parking area, bathrooms and trail as well as pet friendly. Just 25 minute drive from Idaho Falls

Saturday, June 09, 2018

So much fun with my three little ones

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

A short and sweet hike! And beautiful views! Would do it again. Steep in some areas. Carried my baby on my back and we did great!