Cress Creek Trail

Cress Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ririe, Idaho that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Cress Creek Nature Trail is maintained by the BLM. This is a gentle hike that provides a good view of the South Fork of the Snake River during the summer and awesome color in the fall.

Pretty easy trail. Fairly well maintained parking area, bathrooms and trail as well as pet friendly.
Just 25 minute drive from Idaho Falls

So much fun with my three little ones

A short and sweet hike! And beautiful views! Would do it again. Steep in some areas. Carried my baby on my back and we did great!

Very well maintained trail with a nice mountain creek and wildlife. We saw a little gopher snake!

This trail had a little more uphill than anticipated but it wasn’t bad. We went at the end of May and the place was beautiful. The view is pretty awesome too. It was perfect for a short homework break, I will definitely go back.

I've been on this trail 3 times with my family. It's super easy to follow and lots of fun. There are amazing views and lots of informational signs along the way.

It wasn’t difficult! Carried our 1 year old in a carrier and it we made it just fine. Short and fun hike! Really pretty.

1st half is paved. The loop is not and is a little more difficult. We took a wagon and a stroller and made it ok.

Always a good early hike

Super pretty view once you get to the top. Not too hard not too easy!

My wife and I love this trail, it’s our go-to when we want to go hiking on short notice. A fairly easy hike with a beautiful view and some excellent rock formations for those who like to go a bit off trail.

the creek is nice and warm!

Very easy, to the point of being kind of boring.

Loved the hike! only complaint was the dog poop on the beginning of the trail. Definitely coming back though!

beautiful scenery and very easy. accessible walk. if you choose, there's a steep incline that reaches a cluster of boulders which is a great vantage point for viewing the river.

It was a great Sunday activity. The main trail is super easy, there are also some trails that go off which were a lot of fun.

Nice short hike up the hill. I’d do it again, as just a fun date.

This is a great little nature hike. We take all our visitors who like to see our area. A good hike for all ages.

Nice winter hike

Good for a quick dose of nature

A pretty easy trail. Something you can take your time with and enjoy the view.

Great trail for kids. Well maintained. Nice views. Today the leaf color was at its peak: orange and gold galore!

This is a great little hike. It is quite short, but nothing is left short when it comes to the experience. This is a great hike to go, especially in Late September and October to see the colors change for Autumn.
For someone who is just starting out in hiking, it is doable but it can be tough with the inclines it provides. It is possible to hike with kids as well.

Very short, easy hike. Limited shade. Steep in some places but very manageable.

Nice easy trail, beautiful views.

If you're looking for a quick hike with some younger kids, this trail is OK. The first third of a mile up to the creek is handicap accessible (which means it is no problem even for the little kids). The loop portion is a little steep in places, but nothing too drastic.

This trail is heavily used, particularly during summer weekends. Parking can at times be tricky.

Great little hike. Made it all the way up to the top where there are some rocks you can sit on and have an even better view.

Fun little hike into the hills. Great to do with kids and the creek is nice to soak your feet in the warm water. Nice vantage points of the South Fork, a beautiful riparian cottonwood forest

Not much shade. Can get a little warm I. The afternoon.

Definitely a warmer hike. There aren't many large trees. The view is gorgeous, especially if you catch the Sunset or Sunrise. There are trails that will bring you up to the top of the mountain. They are steeper and harder to climb than the first part.