Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Cress Creek Trail

Cress Creek Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ririe, Idaho that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Cress Creek Nature Trail is maintained by the BLM. This is a gentle hike that provides a good view of the South Fork of the Snake River during the summer and awesome color in the fall.

I just completed this trail, with my 5 year old. we had a blast. I would definitely recommend it..

My family and I love this little hike. Kid friendly, and beautiful.

beautiful hike I've done it a few times, but we saw a rattle snake when we went last year at dusk in early august, so be careful.

Great trail. First half mile is all sidewalks (fully handicap accessible). The next half mile loop is well marked and has signs and benches. Even more fun is the trail to the top. It heads off the second loop. There are some steep sections and boulders to climb, especially near the top. The views of the Snake River from the top is fabulous. Well worth the challenge. Enjoy!

I like this trail but I like to expand on it. At the four wheeler trail on the east side I take that and go to the east up to the pipeline trail that goes north up the side of the mountain. Also on the east side of cress creek trail there is another trail that I call Kim‘s trail that goes straight up the side of the mountain they are both good workouts so a trekking poll or walking stick is a good idea.

It’s a beautiful hike. We always think we’ve passed it before we find it. The first half is paved and the second half is gravel. Go up the gravel for a great view of the snake river, and don’t forget to read the signs!

Great easy hike to take the family on. Super pretty views and diverse terrain. Passes by a few small springs that are pretty. Dog friendly! Make sure you have bug spray

took my wife 1 yr old 3 yr old and 8 yr old. was very enjoyable.

Awesome short hike

Pretty easy trail. Fairly well maintained parking area, bathrooms and trail as well as pet friendly.
Just 25 minute drive from Idaho Falls

So much fun with my three little ones

A short and sweet hike! And beautiful views! Would do it again. Steep in some areas. Carried my baby on my back and we did great!

Very well maintained trail with a nice mountain creek and wildlife. We saw a little gopher snake!

This trail had a little more uphill than anticipated but it wasn’t bad. We went at the end of May and the place was beautiful. The view is pretty awesome too. It was perfect for a short homework break, I will definitely go back.

I've been on this trail 3 times with my family. It's super easy to follow and lots of fun. There are amazing views and lots of informational signs along the way.

It wasn’t difficult! Carried our 1 year old in a carrier and it we made it just fine. Short and fun hike! Really pretty.

1st half is paved. The loop is not and is a little more difficult. We took a wagon and a stroller and made it ok.

Always a good early hike

Super pretty view once you get to the top. Not too hard not too easy!

My wife and I love this trail, it’s our go-to when we want to go hiking on short notice. A fairly easy hike with a beautiful view and some excellent rock formations for those who like to go a bit off trail.

the creek is nice and warm!

Very easy, to the point of being kind of boring.

Loved the hike! only complaint was the dog poop on the beginning of the trail. Definitely coming back though!

beautiful scenery and very easy. accessible walk. if you choose, there's a steep incline that reaches a cluster of boulders which is a great vantage point for viewing the river.

It was a great Sunday activity. The main trail is super easy, there are also some trails that go off which were a lot of fun.

Nice short hike up the hill. I’d do it again, as just a fun date.

This is a great little nature hike. We take all our visitors who like to see our area. A good hike for all ages.

Nice winter hike

Good for a quick dose of nature

A pretty easy trail. Something you can take your time with and enjoy the view.