Corrals - Bob's Trail Loop

Corrals - Bob's Trail Loop is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boise, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until April. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,578 feet Route Type: Loop

Not a whole lot to see outside of occasional views of downtown Boise. Extremely dry with lots of cheat grass (beware dogs!) It is something to fill up your morning if you want a nice workout.

Early Sunday morning Labor Day weekend the place was teeming with mountain bikers, trail runners, dogs, and a handful of hikers. Everyone was super courteous, so no worries there unless you want the trail to yourself. Loads of grasshoppers about, too. A few of the uphill climbs can get ya out of breath if you're an out of shape old man like me. Pretty standard views of the Boise skyline.

I liked it

Did this loop in early spring and it was epic! Nothing bad to say about it. It was clean and well maintained with lots of incredible views. I am interested to see how it changes over spring and summer. There was a couple nice creeks to refill water if needed.

Great trail for trail running and hiking, not busy!

It says 8,6 miles but my Strava says we did 10.8 miles. It was a great trail near the creek for the dogs. Highlands not near water so the dogs not as happy. Bring lots of water. We will definitely do this one again.

Just went with our dog. plenty of foot traffic and a bit muddy but still a lovely walk.

Great trail conditions! Beautiful views.

Today, I randomly picked a local hike off my AllTrails Map and it happened to be Corrals-Bob’s Trail Loop. I loved it! Parking was easy; there’s street parking across from the trailhead (on Bogus Basin rd) for about 7 vehicles and more ways to access the Loop nearby. At first glance on the App, I thought the loop was short and easy. Upon starting the hike, I was pleasantly surprised at the distance (~8.5 miles) and elevation gain (~1,500 feet). I started at Bogus Basin Rd, went through two gates and took a right onto Highlands Trail, choosing the counter-clockwise path around the Loop. Highlands Trail zig-zagged down to a culdesac and took a sharp left onto Bob’s Trail. Bob’s Trail followed a dry creek bed and climbed all the way up to Corral’s Trail. Corral’s Trail provided great views of the treasure valley and continued up to over 4,200 ft elevation before descending back and around all the way to Bogus Basin Rd, passing along Jeep Trail on the way. You have to pay attention as there are several forks in the trail along the Loop. Overall I got more than I bargained for, but I’m an experienced hiker and this hike provided a good workout. The weather was Sunny, Windy, and 53 degrees; perfect for a fast hiking pace. I was hiking solo so I finished quickly in 2 hours 20 minutes. If hiking in a group and enjoying the experience, it would likely take about 4 hours. This hike would be a totally different experience if there was water flowing through the stream beds. So I’ll surely be revisiting Corrals - Bob’s Trail Loop in April. I would suggest doing this Trail in the Spring for full effect!

Monday, August 13, 2018

This was a beautiful loop, even in the middle of the summer. The creeks were dried up but still plenty to see. He cautious of the multitudes of bikes on the trail. But those we encountered were very friendly. There are a bunch of forks in the trail that give a lot of options, Bob's Trail was our favorite part of the loop, I recommend leaving this trail for the end of the hike for the surprise of beauty!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Good, clean fun. A solid trail.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

From a somewhat novice, but enthusiastic hiker: The driving directions provided took me right to the start of the trail on the map. I thought it was a very pretty hike overall. I have no sense of direction, so I made sure my phone was charged, so I could stick to the map. The GPS totally ate up my battery...started out at 85% and by the time I hit the spot where you move from Corral’s to Bob’s trail, my battery was down to 10%. It was a little confusing which sign went to which trail at that point and I ended up having to backtrack a bit. Not going to lie...I was a little terrified at that point and felt like I was out in the middle of nowhere...luckily, I very kind couple, who knew the trail system well looked at my map for me and told me that I was, indeed, now on Bob’s Trail, which would end at a culdesac in a subdivision. Highlands trail starts there and if I took that trail and stayed left at every opportunity, I should make it back to my starting point on the map. It almost worked...following those directions, I was almost murdered by a mountain biker, traversed up a slightly heartbreaking zigzag of trail up to the top of a ridge (which seemed never-ending enough, that it caused me to start rationing the trail mix), where I could finally see the parking lot where my car was, but could not figure out how to get to it...so I hiked down to the parking for another trailhead and hiked up/down Bogus Basin Road to the lot where my car was parked...very pretty, nice hike...slightly heartbreaking at the end....glad I wore waterproof hiking boots...would’ve twisted my ankle a few times had I not worn mids and had to cross a stream somewhere around 6 times. The climbs are not as steep as Table Rock...

Friday, February 09, 2018

Beautiful scenery, within walking distance of our Airbnb. Perfect hike for a beginner from Louisiana!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Great loop, some good vertical. A fairly heavily trafficked loop. I started at Bobs trail and then did Corrals and Highland.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

map not accurate....not a loop had to retrace steps ended up being an 18 mile horse back ride PHEW! When you come to the rock pile on the ridge turn back! pretty ride though

Friday, July 28, 2017

This ones a tuffie!

Monday, July 17, 2017

This trail was pretty cool...I prefer more trees but for a high desert trail it's nice! there's water along the way which is nice break. Theres a few decent inclines and some nice views along the way. Trailhead is easy to find with plenty of parking (during a week morning at least lol)

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Has a little bit of everything. Good climbs through the hills, fun descents, and some slightly tricky rocky sections. Challenging, but not too difficult. So much fun!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great trail!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

On the difficult end of moderate--a great hilly hike. The trail head is off Bogus Basin road, not at all where pinned. Keep your eyes peeled to the right as you drive up Bogus Basin and you'll see the trailhead parking lot.

Friday, August 05, 2016

It's a good hiking trail. But where it's pinned on the map and where the trailhead is actually is located is not even close

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Great

Monday, May 04, 2015

We took multiple loops throughout the hills, and I liked that there were so many trails to choose from. There was only one spot that I thought had an amazing view and overall it was kind of monotonous and pretty easy. Small hills with dirt and sage. Very family friendly and good for a quick hike, nothing spectacular.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Loved the hike. I followed following three trails and they were different in nature.. 31 corrals trail 1 highlands trail 30 bobs trail

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Nice easy hike or bike just outside of Boise with great view of the mountains and of Boise. Good for trail running also