Snake River Trail

Snake River Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lewiston, Idaho that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Sorry, now I see that this trail is in Clarkston WA. It is a paved trail along the snake river. The other side of the river is in Lewiston, ID and has Hells Gate St. Park. There are lots of nice trails around the area, not listed in this software. Yes this is bike, kid, and people friendly, Pets must be on a leash, in Corp of Engineers property, or state park/trails. The trails off of Tammany Rd. are very extensive and have many easy to very hard trails for bikes and walking, not paved. Some Geo Cashing is possible.

Came here with my wife and two small sons. I carried the baby in our pack and our 4 yr old was able to hike up a moderate trail called Endurance. The sandy trail made it hard at times for my son but overall it was fun. Well maintained and some nice views. Would come back.

Loved this area. Not sure if the site is referencing the same location, but I started at the Clearwater Natl Forest trailhead in Harvard. Thanks Idaho..! All The untouched forest areas remained accessible and beautiful. I could've walked all day...or rode a horse..or ATV...

Monday, March 21, 2016

I agree with Jim Cooper's comment below. Be sure to check out the Hell's Gate State Park website for better info.

The hiking we did within Hell's Gate State Park took us to some amazing rock formations, and being that I was there with a bunch of geologists, this was a big plus. I think we all expected a bit more of a "hike". Where there was mud alongside the river, things got a bit dicey. Other places, it was quite rocky and seemed more appropriate for adventures on wheels. The water levels were high when we visited, so our hike was cut short. A rattlesnake on the side of the trail at this point also made us feel a bit unwelcome (though that was exciting).

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday, January 05, 2013

This is not a trail, it is a State Campground. There are trails around there but this does NOT help anyone find them