China Ditch Trail

China Ditch Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilson, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Started late, missed a turn on the trail, so only saw about half of the trail. Large cattle lot nearby - if the wind is wrong you’ll hike the whole thing with the stench. But - it’s really not difficult at all. I expected it to be muddy this time of year, but it’s pretty sandy... lots of horses, no other walkers.

My wife and I did a trail run here yesterday. The weather was mid-40's so it was great. Definitely would not want to do this in the summer, as there is little to no shade or respite from the heat. The trail was fairly muddy in spots and covered in deep sand for a significant amount. The packed portions in the canyon were great, however, and the rugged scenery held its own kind of beauty.

I hiked this trail 7/8/17. I got a very early start due to a forecast temp of 100+. The trail starts off very dusty and barren. LOTS of Mormon crickets at the trailhead! The Soda fire burned here last year. The results of the drill seeding and aerial seed drops of interesting to see. Once you meet the creek, there is some greenery. The creek itself was algae-choked and barely moving. I did enjoy this hike, because of the interesting rock formations and the canyon. A nice change from my usual mountain hikes. I would not have rated this trail as "hard". Pretty easy going.