Canfield Mountain Mecca Trail

Canfield Mountain Mecca Trail is a 10.2 mile loop trail located near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderate hike! Love seeing the whole city from here!

We really like this trail. It's a little easy to get lost on your way down. We ended up in someone's back yard our first time. Otherwise the path itself is nice. Just be careful of bikers.

Can't beat the location for an aggressive hike and views of the prairie, lake and DT CdA. Street parking and trailhead access at E Shadduck Ln and Mtn Vista Drive. Starts and stays steep heading up the west face ridgeline. A little over 2mi to the radio towers at the top. Shared access with ORV, mtn bikes, horses etc.

It was an okay hike, encountered several bikers. I would definitely say it's more of a bike trail.

We hike this every morning and I love it. We usually go up trail 3, which has a steep spot that kicks my butt. The only thing I wish was different is all of the motor bike traffic on the other trails. I wish they'd stick to specific trails for motor bikes only, because some people drive like maniacs and I'm afraid of being run over.

The trails could be marked a little better. We decided to take the most direct route to the top, which was a good incline. watch out for motorcyclists and mountain bikers

Great trails, but not marked very well! We tried to do the loop, but marked trails were poorly read.
Beautiful views!

Messy trail but no scrambling required. Breathtaking views from the top. Late May is the perfect time to go; or in April for wildflowers.

Mecca trail on canfield mountain is another awsome close to town hike. it has some spots that could be considered difficult by some but it's all worth the awesome view of the city that you get when you reach the top

Monday, November 28, 2016

Nice local hike with an amazing view of the city from the top! It is pretty short and great for anyone really. It is so cool to see the city from the top. It is also great to just hang out at the top with yourself or your company.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Great trail and its only a 15 minute walk from my house! Great hike for people with a little more experience and looking for something different. The top has a great view of the whole city!
Stay on the trail though a lot of private land nearby.