Canfield Mountain Mecca Trail

Canfield Mountain Mecca Trail is a 9.9 mile loop trail located near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice trail not to close to the city. Although I would say it’s more for biking it was still a great trail if you’re looking for something not difficult but a little challenge.

Nice cool trail

This was a rewarding hike! A tad bit steep hill climbs, and some rocky areas to get all the way up to the tower but well worth it! Took trail 1 up to the top from the road & back. Great views!

This was our first hike. Was a little tough lots of up and downhill walking. But still fun. Nice view of the city when you get up towards the top. Only saw a couple birds and a little snake

A moderate hike! Love seeing the whole city from here!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

We really like this trail. It's a little easy to get lost on your way down. We ended up in someone's back yard our first time. Otherwise the path itself is nice. Just be careful of bikers.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Can't beat the location for an aggressive hike and views of the prairie, lake and DT CdA. Street parking and trailhead access at E Shadduck Ln and Mtn Vista Drive. Starts and stays steep heading up the west face ridgeline. A little over 2mi to the radio towers at the top. Shared access with ORV, mtn bikes, horses etc.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It was an okay hike, encountered several bikers. I would definitely say it's more of a bike trail.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

We hike this every morning and I love it. We usually go up trail 3, which has a steep spot that kicks my butt. The only thing I wish was different is all of the motor bike traffic on the other trails. I wish they'd stick to specific trails for motor bikes only, because some people drive like maniacs and I'm afraid of being run over.

Friday, June 02, 2017

The trails could be marked a little better. We decided to take the most direct route to the top, which was a good incline. watch out for motorcyclists and mountain bikers

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Great trails, but not marked very well! We tried to do the loop, but marked trails were poorly read.
Beautiful views!

Friday, April 07, 2017

Messy trail but no scrambling required. Breathtaking views from the top. Late May is the perfect time to go; or in April for wildflowers.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Mecca trail on canfield mountain is another awsome close to town hike. it has some spots that could be considered difficult by some but it's all worth the awesome view of the city that you get when you reach the top

Monday, November 28, 2016

Nice local hike with an amazing view of the city from the top! It is pretty short and great for anyone really. It is so cool to see the city from the top. It is also great to just hang out at the top with yourself or your company.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Great trail and its only a 15 minute walk from my house! Great hike for people with a little more experience and looking for something different. The top has a great view of the whole city!
Stay on the trail though a lot of private land nearby.

Monday, September 05, 2016

this whole area is dirtbiking heaven.
the trails and jumps flow smooooooothly

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Some parts are more difficult than I expected but a good workout for me and my dog! Nice panorama at the top, really appreciated that.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

You can make it very challenging or a little easier. Tip for you though, stay of the private land.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

It was a nice trail. Some decently challenging hills. Some of the footing was a little sketchy. The view on top was pretty awesome. Not a super challenging hike. Definitely a must do must see.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

lots of bikes and quads but the hike was fun and the view was awesome.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Great little hike close to town!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Started off of East Mtn Vista (GPS 47.716258, -116.753302), made my own trail to top of Canfield, took about 2+/- hours to the peak, very scenic for portions but heavily treed somewhat restricts the view, downside is there were so many dirt bikes/motorcycles toward the peak it was hard to enjoy any quiet! I will go back, maybe on a less clear day when the fair weather folks aren't out.

Monday, May 05, 2014

If you can bear the tough terrain and grueling elevation hikes the payoff is that much sweeter. This hike isn't for the weak of heart. Bring lots of water, and prepare for the burn, its going to kick your rear.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Difficult hike and the trails crossing forest roads can make the map a tad confusing but the views are amazing. You can hike a few miles or 20+. Wear good shoes and bring plenty of water. Be ready to sweat.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Tried this hike and it was nothing even close to easy. Only hike I ever turned back on and gave up, because of the difficulty. 17.7 miles in 2.5 hours does not add up. The terrain is not good for hiking up very steep grades. I want to try again, but will be better suited, since we had only one water and no food. This is a day trip and will kick your...