Bolder Chain Lakes Trail

Bolder Chain Lakes Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clayton, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

we went late july...it was awesome country, absolutely beautiful! the reason I gave it 4 stars was there was to many people up there, we had trouble finding a camping spot... and there was a group of boy scouts, nothing against them, I think it's awesome that kids get out like that, but they where noisy and running around. over all though, it was great!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

I have hiked approximately 110 miles in this area and camped at numerous lakes in the area for 10 nights. The trail is great, unless you run into motocycles. They are apparently allowed all the way to Frog Lake. I have nothing against these riders but their activity is loud and tears up the trail considerably.

The fishing is great at most of the lakes. I highly recommend Castle Lake and Walker Lake. If you are up for a challenge, go swimming in Lonesome Lake. The last time I was there was in late July and there was still ice on it.

The scenery is beautiful and there are plenty of camping sites all along the lakes. There are typically lots of horses and outfitters that frequent the area. They are all friendly and great to interact with if you choose.

Enjoy. This is one of my favorite areas in Idaho.