Bloomington Lake Trail

Bloomington Lake Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paris, Idaho that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short hike to a beautiful lake. Short hike in and out. Be sure not to be fooled by the first unimpressive body of water. Bloomington Lake is farther along and worth the walk. There are fish in the lake although they are small. Often there is a rope swing which will drop you into the freezing water.

my husband and I went a few years ago and loved it! it is such a beautiful place. However, I remember the road being horrible. is it bad right now? I would like to take my minivan if I can, instead of my truck.

This was a fun family hike and the lake is beautiful, nestled in a canyon bowl.

Fun and beautiful

it was amazing

I've been want to go for sometime. It was mich more than I expected. view was great. kids loved the rope swing.

Breathtaking scenery, easy trail. Not a lot of shade. Glacier lake at the end with a rope swing if you dare!

This is a fun hike for the entire family.

Loved this hike!!! The lake was so much fun!

The lake is 5 star pretty! The trail is hammered out, wide enough to drive a bus down. Don't hike here if you want a quiet place, more of a high school swimming hole. Probably would not go back.

Super easy hike and the lake is refreshing to swim in. My kids enjoyed seeing the fish and my daughter loved all of the flowers along the trail.

gorgeous

Absolutely beautiful! It's an easy hike but if it's hot it can be a little difficult going back. It was worth it though. so beautiful! would definitely go back!

Such a beautiful place! There are two ponds you pass on the way which are gorgeous as well! We went paddle boarding, cliff jumping, and they even have a rope swing! If you don’t want to get in the water that’s ok because the view is worth it! Great for all ages! The trail was easy to get to and the gate is now opened! So it is a pretty short hike!

Just made this hike yesterday. The snow has melted from the road up, but the gate was still locked. Added at least two miles to the hike, maybe closer to three. There shouldn't be too many bugs, though; I think my girlfriend ate most of them on the trip back down.

As of today the trail is still buried under feet of snow. You aren’t able to continue up the road past 1045. The ground is super muddy and again buried under feet of snow.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Trail was very crowded today (Sunday before Labor Day). Parking lot was full, overflow was full, and all the large trucks passing each other on the narrow road was a little sketchy. Love the trail though - been up here a few times, and it never disappoints.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Was there 8/15/17. It is a short easy hike. Quite busy with families camping and swimming. Bring swimming clothes so you can do the rope swing. The road getting to the trailhead was a little rough and narrow in some spots but fine otherwise.

Monday, August 07, 2017

We hiked this today!!! Very heavily trafficked, even for a Sunday, but a fairly easy hike! Beautiful scenery. Lots of people jumping off the rope swing!!!

Monday, July 24, 2017

Drove up there yesterday (7-23-2017) from bear lake and the roads were fine, I saw a honda civic that drove up there. Looks like some fresh gravel had been spread out in areas.

Id definitely re visit this area, tons of flowers along the trails, very cool!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Was up there this week (7/21/17) and the road was not washed out. Beautiful (and cold) lake!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Anna Price, how was the trail this week when you went? Maggie said it was washed out. Planning a trip there for next week so would love to know if trail is still washed out.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Love this hike! Beautiful lake is worth it.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Not a long hike, but very beautiful. The rope swing is awesome, but that water is frigid. On the opposite side of the lake you could ride a tube right into the lake the snow still comes right down to the water in July.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Gorgeous! However THE ROAD IS WASHED OUT (7/13/17) we had to shuttle our family reunion 30 mins to the trailhead with our taller vehicles. By the time we left at the end of the day, the road was "CLOSED". We had to push one vehicle out of the river. If you are planning on hook summer of 2017, check to see if the road has been fixed or make sure you are in a tall truck with 4 wheel drive just in case. I can only imagine how bad it will be in a couple weeks.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Awesome! We go every year

Saturday, June 24, 2017

We were there a week ago and there was so much snow that we couldn't find the trail. But it sure was beautiful wandering around the snow packed mountain!

Friday, June 23, 2017

Beautiful hike! Still a good amount of snow on the trail and we had to park 0.1 miles from the trailhead because there was still a ten foot patch of snow on the road. Rope swing is up and very fun even if you just swing and don't drop into the ice covered water. Warning: part of the road is washed out but passable in a taller car. We were fine in a minivan but some in our group turned back.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Amazing trail for young and old. Easy enough for a 2 year old to master the trail. Well with the time to go up there if in the area. We went last July and got cough in a mountain rain storm on the way out. Short hike but still be prepared weather changes so you can stay there and continue to enjoy the scenery.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Just a fair warning, went on this hike June 2 and there is still a lot of snow which makes the trail non-existent. Also, the road is still snow covered, making it more like a 5 mile hike instead of 1.5. Not too hard to find the lakes (just head toward the mountains to the left/north) but it's fairly difficult finding your way back because of the snow. Got lost for a couple hours because we couldn't follow our tracks back (they melt so fast). Wouldn't recommend it now, but I bet it's amazing once the snow melts

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Great hike! It was perfect for our family outing. Beautiful scenery!