Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail

Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wiliwilinui is about 4.8 miles long and located near Wailupe, Hawaii. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a half day.

I went Saturday morning the weather is perfect awesome view , it’s a really nice hike, I love I wouldn’t mind to go back again. But my advice don’t go hike if it rain the day before because it’s gonna be muddy unless you want to get mud all over you otherwise it’s a great hike.

Nice trail. Steep going uphill, muddy in certain areas ( recommend trail shoes), beautiful views! At one point you have to use the rope to get up. Took around 3 1/2 hours to complete.

Probably would be useful to have spikes as there was a lot of mud/slippery areas. View towards the end is pretty great. Don't recommend when it's wet, I hate mud.

Incredible views! Do only when dry. Hands down my favorite Oahu hike!

fun little hike. too bad it rained at the top.

I was not sure how this hike would turn out due to the noticeably clouds atop the ridges. Seeing that the trades were blowing nicely, I presumed the clouds would thin out. But I was wrong. The hike turned rainy as I was 20 minutes away. At that point it was decisions time and I trudged through the tricky/slippery trail to the top. The view was all cloudy and white, but another hiker was at the top and we shared stories of life. I will do this hike again as it was a nice one for runners (I ran off and on in spots). I can imagine how the view would be, as like the others it's own perspective on the aina.
There were a good number of hikers out even despite the damp conditions.

If you have the grit to climb the myriad steep stairs that dominate the 2nd half of this beautiful trail, you'll be rewarded with one of the best views of the South Shore around.

What a beautiful hike! It's uphill going in but super easy leaving; the whole trail took me roughly 3hrs. My dog had a little bit of a problem at one point but it turned out fine. Definitely wear hiking boots!

Great hike!! There were challenges along the way, but that made it all the more exciting and rewarding. There was a rope section. The views are the best on the island! Some parts early on were shaded.