Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail

Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wiliwilinui is about 4.8 miles long and located near Wailupe, Hawaii. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a half day.

fun little hike. too bad it rained at the top.

I was not sure how this hike would turn out due to the noticeably clouds atop the ridges. Seeing that the trades were blowing nicely, I presumed the clouds would thin out. But I was wrong. The hike turned rainy as I was 20 minutes away. At that point it was decisions time and I trudged through the tricky/slippery trail to the top. The view was all cloudy and white, but another hiker was at the top and we shared stories of life. I will do this hike again as it was a nice one for runners (I ran off and on in spots). I can imagine how the view would be, as like the others it's own perspective on the aina.
There were a good number of hikers out even despite the damp conditions.

If you have the grit to climb the myriad steep stairs that dominate the 2nd half of this beautiful trail, you'll be rewarded with one of the best views of the South Shore around.

What a beautiful hike! It's uphill going in but super easy leaving; the whole trail took me roughly 3hrs. My dog had a little bit of a problem at one point but it turned out fine. Definitely wear hiking boots!

Great hike!! There were challenges along the way, but that made it all the more exciting and rewarding. There was a rope section. The views are the best on the island! Some parts early on were shaded.

ive been on 10+ hikes in oahu and this is by far one of the best hikes. the views are amazing. it can get challenging as you reach the stairs. there is one part where you will need to use a rope to climb up but its more for when you are coming back down. i took my dog (50lbs)and she was able to get through the whole hike. i wouldnt recommend bringing small dogs unless you are going to be carrying them alot. it started getting cold as we got to the top but the breeze felt good cause we we sweat climbimg up the steep incline. recommend good hiking shoes..not running shoes. there is a bench at the halfway mark before you start the stair portion.

I loved it. Super muddy at times and my wife slipped on the way down so be careful. But it was absolutely beautiful.

Guard check-in is required, but lets you know how many car loads are on the trail. Strenuous but not dangerous hike. Great views. 2-3 hours round trip depending on group and pace of course.