Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail

Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1955 feet

Wiliwilinui is about 4.8 miles long and located near Wailupe, Hawaii. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a half day.

This hike reminds me a lot of a Gorge hike in Oregon. Traveling through a lot of lush forest, different vegetation but the same feel. A good workout and for non-hikers or those looking for a more sedate walk through the forest this is not your hike. Kudos to Hawaii Sierra Club for trail maintenance! I feel the All-Trails rating of moderate is a little sandbagged-for someone to enjoy this hike they have to be in pretty good shape and relatively sure-footed and have decent coordination.

Good fast hike up to ridgetop. A bit steep and/or sloppy in places, but great views of windward and south shore Oahu. Plan on mud.

Super muddy in some parts. Overall, a good hike with a great view.

Loved it! Was quite the adventure as it started raining when I reached the summit and was very slick coming down! Next time I will wear better hiking shoes with traction instead of my running shoes!
Beautiful views, amazing terrain, highlight of my trip! :)

Terrifying at times, when the wind is blowing and you are on a ridge with a 100 foot drop on either side. What a great hike.

My favorite hike on O'ahu so far in my two years of living here

Loved this hike! Lots of steps towards the end but beautiful views! Took our group 2 1/2 hours total. Just under 5 miles. Bring plenty of water! Gorgeous views throughout and at end!

the hike was harder than anticipated but very fun even though I'm scared of heights but definitely worth it.

This hike was harder than I expected but totally worth the workout! If you bring a camera or anything extra to carry, I suggest bringing a backpack.

Fun trail! Easy Mountain bike and trail running on lower 75% (up to the stairs section), then it gets tougher. Place to mount / chain bikes while continuing on foot. Gets to be more moderate from here to the summit. Be careful as the stairs are a bit slick when socked in. Great views at the end. Thank you Sierra Club for the stair work and maintenance!! Please, kokua, folks help the erosion and use them!!