Waimea Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Haleiwa, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Nice walk through gardens and vegetation. Well paved. Very family friendly. They make you wear lifevests in the water. Not much variation in elevation. Wouldn't really call it a hike. Costs money but they do have a discount for veterans.

It’s costs to do this. Very nice walk. Can be lots of tourists, however. They make you wear life vests at the falls.

Entry fee was a little high but the falls were cool

Cute walk. Definitely not a hike. Not sure if it was worth the entry fee. Nice little farmers market area, different sellers. Soaps, art, food and drinks.

Very lovely and easy paved 3/4 mile walkway directly to the falls. The pathway is filled with beautiful plants and flowers and the falls, although small, is refreshing, and a beautiful vibrant blue color. As many mentioned there is a $16 charge, but nonetheless, I would suggest this to anyone looking for some leisurely fun.

waterfall a bit overrated. not worth paying almost 16 bucks.lol. nice family walk

Beautiful nature walk through to Waimea Falls. Falls are a little over rated. I’ve seen much bigger and beautiful falls in my hometown in Australia, however the walk was peaceful and tranquil. We arrived at 9am, and it took about 1.25 hrs, slow relaxed pace. We didn’t swim in the falls, didnt feel the need to. I would recommend arriving before 9:30 though as when we were heading back, the amounts of people that were on their way to the falls were growing rapidly.

easy and relax hike

Visitor center tries to make you pay $16 just to hike up the trail to the falls.

Beautiful jungle botanical garden walk (best botanical garden we've ever seen) with a nice waterfall & pool at the end. The swim was nice and fun grtting right up under the falls. We started at 9am and walked around the park for 4 hrs then spent the rest of the afternoon swimming at Waimea Beach. Finished the day off back at the park with a Toa Luao. Great Hawaiian experience!

I didn’t know I would be charged, but was willing to pay to support the maintenance of the garden and education center. I was solo so I also paid $5 to hold my gear while I swam in the waterfall pool. You had to wear a life jacket and there was a lifeguard but I understand they do it for the liability. Water was nice and cool.

Easy hike. If this was a free hike I would give it 4 stars. Nice waterfall at the end. Paved path with some history and scenery. Overall I think its worth the cost.

Did not hike so I cant speak about the hike.
$16.85 to hike.
perhaps we missed access point for trail hike?

Decided to check out the waterfall today, it was a nice walk through the forest, took about 20 minutes to reach the waterfall and went for a dip.
The water was crispy cold but it’s something you should definitely do!!

cash grab. free parking to the beach if you do not mind the walk.

Kid friendly easy hike through the Waimea Valley Botanical Gardens. Plenty to see and do along the hike. Fee to enter.

Entrance is $16.95 because the waterfall is situated within the Waimea Valley botanical garden. You walk 3/4 of a mile in which you'll be rewarded with the waterfall at the end. But before you reach the waterfall, you will be blown away at the numerous beautiful plants and flowers that follows the trails. $16.95 to help maintain the botanical garden and clean up after people's mess? I say it isn't too bad. The only negative opinion I have is the waterfall appears pretty murky. Heavily trafficked and used. If Ur planning to swim, have fun.

I believe it's overpriced. its paved the entire way which is nice if you have smaller kids with strollers or someone wheelchair bound. some pretty sites yes and the fall was nice but all in all was it worth the $16 per adult to get in?? No, no it wasn't. I've been on other hikes that were more rewarding for FREE.

$16.95 entry fee for adults. Are you kidding me? Pass

A nice easy stroll. Make sure you take advantage of all the side paths that lead you deeper into the botanical gardens. It will extend the hike and the beauty of the gardens. The waterfall was not crowded when we went (on Wednesday the last week of September).

Pretty cool walk but would consider it hiking or a trail. The pool and waterfall are pretty at the top though

This is an easy paved path and has a lot of tourists.

It was pretty but not my type of hiking.

Very beautiful trail. Enjoyed reading the historical information on the way. Waterfall isn't always available to swim in so you may want to call ahead and check if it's open. You can still walk to it, but if the water is rushing too hard, no swimming.

The only negative was the price and that we didn't know the area was closed to swimming for the day.

This trail isn’t much of a trail, but more of a walk through the botanical gardens to the culminating event- a large waterfall that you get to swim in! The trail is very well regulated and taken care of. There is a fee to get into the gardens, but it’s worth it at least once if you’re looking for a calm, educational stroll. The waterfall at the end is excellent, but usually crowded and you will have to wear a life vest as issued by the park. Four stars because I take visitors to this a few times a year.

Short hike that's easy enough for everyone! Rewarding waterfall that you CAN swim in at the end!

This 'trail' is a really easy paved walk that is great for strollers/wheelchairs. The Falls and pool are beautiful. The walk brings you past tons of wildflowers and gardens and is worth the trip by itself. Bring bug spray if you are there late in the afternoon!

Easy walk on paved trail, but with a $17 fee. Not really a hike but it was nice to see the gardens.

Not a true hike but very educational, if you go more than once get the season pass.