Waimano Valley

Waimano Valley is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I would rate this trail moderate rather than easy. The path had tree roots, rocks and was slippery in places. The path was mostly an incline or decline. One area we had to walk over large rocks at the edge of the stream to continue on the trail. It was scenic with a lot of plants. It took 4 adults and two children (5 and 8) about 2 1/4 hours to complete stopping for pictures, exploring the tunnels and playing in the stream. Bring mosquito repellent, good hiking shoes that can also get wet.

Perfect hike with the kids every level welcomed nice simple hike

We took the lower falls route first, this will have more up hill climbing but l like that better. low branches can make a kid hauler a little interesting. don't advise doing after a rain. loved the two tunnels for the kids. my 5 year old did the entire route and my 3 year old did from the tunnels on. 3.5 stars.

Easy hike with a couple nice views of the valley. Good for kids and dogs. There is also a stream along the lower trail which is nice. Since it's a loop trail, I started from the upper trail, which I don't really recommend. The areas where you start to go downhill to the lower trail was muddy and slippery. It would've been easier to go up that part than down. Signs are very good along the trail.

Great trail, especially if you are hiking with kids. Gradual climbs and descents and lots of interesting things to see (especially the tunnels!). Strongly recommend that you go left (lower loop) if you have little ones because the one steep hill is easier to walk going up than going down. A fantastic, relatively short hike for the family.

My 5 yo hiked the whole thing and had a blast. Love the tunnels views stream and strawberry guavas.

Nice short hike. Couple of caves along the way. Not exactly easy. There a a few spots that could be challenging if you aren’t in decent shape. I would have ranked 3 stars, but the caves bump it to a 4 in my book :) I used a walking stick; which was nice when climbing in slick / muddy spots.

We started the lower trail at 3pm. We were following the marks on the tree branches. Never saw a the turn around sign or specific sign were to go. We got lost ended up calling at 8:30 pm 911 cause it was pitched black. Nice hike, nice view but definitely need improvement in signs. Not easy for sure. Bring mosquitos repellent and give your self enough day light.

Easy hike if ground is not wet. Must get real hike shoes

I’d rate it moderate instead of easy due to slippery declines, tree roots, and jagged rocks.

It’s not as easy of a trail as it says on the review. Example, I wouldn’t recommend my 60 year old Grandma to go. Has a high decline or incline depending how you go. Dangerous rocks also.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great hike with a great view! The irrigation tunnels are fun to explore though they can get a little muddy! The sign for the turn towards the lower trail for the loop can be missed if you go through one of the longer tunnels, there really needs to be a sign on the outside of that one saying to turn around, so watch out! We ended up doing a chunk of the ridge trail instead which turned a 2 mile short hike into almost 9 miles, whoops!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Kids loved this hike, climbing trees, spooky tunnels we probably shouldn't have gone through.

Friday, June 30, 2017

The upper trail was easy hiking but we got lost a little at lookout but realized trail must loop down from there but at junction where it indicated with a sign lower trail we did not realize that was the loop back and we kept walking, the tunnels were very cool to walk through but after another mile along that upper trail and no looping back we realized to loop back we needed to take the lower trail. Better signage is needed.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Good hike for kids. Bring bug spray!

Friday, June 23, 2017

Nice hike to get us back into the swing of things. Only real downside was I used a ton of deet-free mosquito repellent and still got bit 22 times! Otherwise the views were great and trail was well-marked. We did the lower first and then the upper.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Really fun

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

I love the tunnels!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

We did upper and lower. We made it with an 8 year old and a dog. Wear proper hiking shoes for the mud.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

did the upper first, if you want to do the same, just make sure not to go inside the 3rd tunnel as the junction to the lower trail is off to the left of the 3rd tunnel entrance. i personally liked that I didn't have to do a steep muddy ascent by doing upper first (it's a steep descent into the valley, then a gradual ascent this way). I might come back to the upper trail on a dry day for trail running.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A little muddy a times, and thought I lost the trail a couple times, but no big deal. I took my 10-yr-old son and my 10-yr-old dog and we all had a great time. Keep an eye out for strawberry guava which makes a great snack along the trail.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Did this hike with my wife who's five months pregnant, my mother in law, sister in law and my dog. Met some very friendly people on the trail. I recommend bringing bug spray with you and be prepared to get a little muddy as well. Also start with the lower trail; it will bring you to the upper trail on your way out. But it was a great walk/hike for the whole family. Great for those who aren't in the greatest of shape as well.