Waimano Trail lower

Waimano Trail lower is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7/23/2017-Started around 0815 and saw 4 groups/solo hikers during the trek of the loop. Lower trail was a bit muddy and not much of a breeze so the mosquitoes were out in force looking for blood. Overall it was humid and sunny but still a good adventure.

Beautiful trail with amazing views and a picnic table on top of a mountain at the very end! Definitely want to come back and use it. Started off on the lower trail, came back on the upper, I much prefer the upper. Only one or two spots get close to being slightly scary to cross.

7/4/2017-Weather was pretty good, a little on the humid side but not too sunny at least. We did the loop and only came across 1 hiker in our trek even though there were about 12 cars already parked. Lower trail was a little muddy but not that bad.

Was extremely muddy but made it through from lower to upper loop. Did it with a 2 year old, 9 year old and some family. Crazy muddy on lower, wear proper hiking shoes (boots) Great views. Tasty Strawberry guava.

We hiked this with our 8 year old and our dog. It was pretty muddy but had a beautiful stream along the way. We had fun and my kiddo enjoyed sliding down a muddy hill on his booty.

Nothing special really

Did a loop, starting on the upper then to the lower. Was about 2.5 miles. There's a nice view near the beginning of the upper of the Waianae Mountains. for the most part the trail is covered. There were a couple tunnels that you could go through, make sure to have a light with you. the upper track was pretty dry, but the lower was very muddy. it was a nice easy hike, recommended for dogs and children.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

This was my very first hike, and it was interesting. I'm not in the best shape, but I made it. We tried to hike to the waterfall, but we never made it because we couldn't find it. We started on the lower side and honestly the upper side would've a lot easier. The lower side is a true workout. We came back out through the upper side and boy was I glad. The trail is muddy in a lot of areas so be careful. We were sliding all over the place. Holding on to the trees was my friend. I personally wouldn't take children as there are many cliffs and drops. I think I would've enjoyed the hike more of we would've found the waterfall. It would've felt more worth it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

We took the upper trail, easy hike - at first. Gets more difficult the further out you go. Cool tunnels, muddy with some obstacles (rocky, slippery edge scary cliffs, the fun stuff) - it was an old hawaiian aqueduct (or irrigation?) system. We went after it rained thinking we were going to the "waterfall" (which you actually access from the Manana trail from palisades). Almost 2hrs in, we found that the trail goes on past the stream which was flowing nicely from the rain that just passed, but we didn't have enough time to go on. It was fun, loved the different terrains, some easy rock climbing/decending and awesome sights, totally worth the hike. My GPS logged almost 6 miles from the trailhead to the stream and back.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

Great trail for family and beginner no vig obticuls and good workout. I would recommend this hike to anyone that is starting and is wanting to conquer a little of the fear this is a good qay to start not to high or to hard

Saturday, April 02, 2016