Waimano Falls Trail

Waimano Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, 2270 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 801 , Honolulu, HI, 96815, Phone: 800-GOHAWAII, Fax: 808-924-0290

The trail was muddy but we went the day after a good rain.. I thought it made it a lot more fun! You’ll want to pack swim wear, it also has a rope to swing off and jump in at the falls! Nice hike in, have a nice picnic and head out with plenty of day light. Will definitely do it again on my next visit to the island.

Watch out for broken glass! the start is nice and easy but there is a lot of broken glass, so watch you fur babies. Definitely in the harder side of moderate but I really enjoyed it!

Very muddy when we went, so it felt pretty dangerous and scary at times. But so worth it once you make it to the waterfall and swim in the water!! Easier coming back than going down. 100% recommend, would wear hiking shoes and bring bathing suit!

I went late March after some rain. Incredible hike. Falls, swimming hole, and cliff jumping were great though- so awesome. I’ll tell you parts of this, going down more so than up imo, are very hard though. Very steep parts and slippery. I did about 6 hikes in Oahu and this was my favorite.

Good hike but very muddy and steep. Do not attempt without hiking boots/shoes. At some points, there are ropes to help you. Honestly, I found the ropes more helpful going down than up.

Nice short hike to a pretty cool swimming hole.
Bug spray and towel because you’ll want to jump in after a humid, dry hike.

Lit fam

My husband and I did this hike last week after several days of light rain. I used the Google maps for the direction to get to the start of the trail which is through a neighborhood. I saw several construction cones on the street which I assume are from the residents to save their parking spot so be respectful of those. The trail started very easy but later few parts of the trail were very muddy so be sure to wear shoes you don’t mind getting dirty. The water fall at the end was totally worth it though!

We were here today with our 4 and 6 year old Girls and it was hard. For hiking the trail with kids i‘d like to recommend the age of the kids with 6 or older. The waterfall was much fun.

Went today and it was beautiful! Lots of roots and rocks, on the harder side of moderate. Not much to look at along the hike but the waterfall is nice and cold. Saw many kids doing the hike. Don’t let the easy beginning fool you.

Moderate hike with a pretty nice waterfall. Be ready to scramble a little bit and hike over roots.

it was a lot of fun cliff jumping.

Definitely a moderate hike with lots of roots and rocks. Unfortunately there isn’t a lot to look at compared to many other hikes on the island. The waterfall at the end is interesting, but way too crowded to enjoy.

Amazing views throughout. Muddy and fun! The route I prefer is right at the first fork, left at the second, (look for the orange tie) that will take you to the bottom of the falls then you can hike up to the top!

1st half walk in park, 2nd half moderate. Wet and slick. Waterfall was amaze ballz. Good times

I hiked this trail in pretty heavy rain last week and was rewarded with a waterfall all to myself for 20 minutes. Fun pools around the base of the lower falls that you can jump into from maybe 15-20 ft.

not bad...fairly easy...bring some water shoes for the rocks in the river

My wife and I did this hike today. Parking is on a public street. Not a whole lot to look at on the trail to and from the waterfall, but totally worth it when you are at the waterfall itself. This hike is definitely more hard than moderate. Lots of steep rocky hills and roots to climb up and down. Can be very slippery after a rainfall. Make sure you stay hydrated for this hike due to it being a physically demanding climb both ways.

My husband and I have been on this hike twice in the past week! There's a waterfall and rope swing at the end of the hike so bring swimsuits! I'd also advise water shoes! The rocks can be a little rough on bare feet! (I have vibram five finger water shoes, bought on amazon for half price and I also wear them hiking! I absolutely love them!) The way down isn't bad but coming back is a little more challenging!

Hard to comment this one ;-) if you go normal way, you will do half trail on boring pavement. We turned right at the start to the left, there was steep downhill way to the stream, then it continued around the stream and after 1h 30m it joined again after hard uphill the main road (main road would take 20m i guess). I will tell you, we are experienced hikers, but this bonus track was real challenge with some tricky stream crossing. Do it, if you want chsllenging workout! The second common half was steep muddy downhill, no problem for us with trekking poles and high boots, but i can imagine people have big troubles there... Finally the falls are amazing place, we were there first that day and enjoyed swimming, jumping, rope hanging etc! was worth it. Parking no problem in the morning.

This hike was hard as hell!!! I truly got lost along the way and turned back mid way... however, I seen a few people walking and asked if they knew where they were going. Luckily, they did and I managed to finish the trail and make it to the waterfall.

The waterfall was tiny but the water was still deep! I managed to jump off of both rock points and swung on the rope. By far, one of my favorites! However, it was a pain in the ass getting to and from. So prepare yourself!!!

It's been dry so there was only a trickle...

Walked this with a five and 8 year old and I didn’t consider it moderate it was hard since it was slick and slippery with lots of climbing over rocks where I had to lift my five year old and we didn’t even go to the actual waterfall just to the lower pool. Will do it again one day when kids are older and it hasn’t rained in days.

Not sure about this trail — half of it was literally rock climbing, the other half was steep downhill. It was a cool first time experience but I wouldn’t rate this hike moderate I would definitely say it’s hard coming from someone who has hiked moderately before, this was challenging but fun if you’re into that sort of thing.

Great, quick hike with nice waterfalls. The pool beneath the lower falls is deep enpugh to swim. Many people were jumping off the rocks and using the rope swing. The hike is steep in places with an abundance of roots but nothing too difficult. Plenty of young children did the full hike with us.

A lot longer than expected. It took 2 hours at a moderate/ slow pace. Waterfall was beautiful though. I'd rate this as more hard than medium.

It was a beautiful hike, and quite a bit of fun, but it was poorly marked. There were two other groups of hikers who suggested I turn around because of the likeliness of getting lost in the thick forest, but I pushed ahead a bit further.
I wasn’t able to make it to the falls because of some recently fallen trees. However, the areas I hiked were awesome! I especially enjoyed the uphill trek with the tree roots!

***Waimano Waterfall Hike***

We brought our kids on the hike, seeing as how AllTrails labeled it as kid-friendly. They (Daughter 8 and Son 7) were troopers and made it all the way down the rocks, to the waterfall, and back up again without much of a fuss. We saw a couple of other hikers with younger kids, around 4-6 years old, have to turn around about halfway through.

Just a disclaimer, if you're looking for a family hike Waimano falls is mostly downhill and you'll have to use everything at your disposal to keep from slipping around. I believe around 7 years old is probably the sweet spot but you know your kids better than I. Wear hiking shoes and be ready to get your hands dirty.

You'll run into two forks in the trails and everyone we ran into told us to go left. Whats the difference? Well from experience, the right side is a more gradual slope making it longer to get to the waterfall. The left side is a bit steeper and will get you there quicker.

At the first fork, both sides lead to the same spot so either way is fine. The second fork, the left side will bring you to a point midway up the waterfall with a choice to get down to the waterfall by climbing down about 5 feet of rope or you can go to the tide pool, a miniature waterfall before the actual waterfall. The right side of the fork will bring you down to the tide pool and you'll have to climb up 5 feet of rope and then down about 5 feet of rope to get to the actual waterfall.

Happy Hiking! Mahalo.

Well worth the downhill there and uphill back. The water is usually deep enough to jump in.

Great trail! Took about 45 minutes each way. Easy getting there, great work out leaving. The pool was beautiful!