Waimano Falls Trail

Waimano Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, 2270 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 801 , Honolulu, HI, 96815, Phone: 800-GOHAWAII, Fax: 808-924-0290

11 minutes ago

My first time trying a moderate leveled hike! It was great. Parking isn't very ideal seeing as it's out on a busy road in front of people's houses. I would definitely recommend to get there the earlier the better. And definitely DEFINITELY bring actual hiking shoes!!! My boyfriend and I were wearing nikes and I can't count how many times we slipped and fell because of how muddy it was. We brought our 1 year old golden retriever and it was the perfect outing for her!! Also, make sure you wear a swimsuit under your clothes! After the long hike you'll be happy you stopped and swam in the waterfall before heading back. We arrived at noon and finished up just around 4.

Good little hike. Very muddy and slippery most of the way. Great waterfall at the end.

Last half mile to the waterfall is a steep descent with rock scrambling. The end is worth it! It felt good to cool off in the water before taking the steep climb out.

It was muddy in the morning and a bit slippery but to make it to the falls was great. To swim in the cool water after getting muddy was great. Going up the trail dried out which made it easier.

Nice trail...a bit muddy but not the worst

Quite steep, muddy and a bit treacherous the last 1/3 but very nice falls at the end and some very thoughtful people put some ropes in the right places to assist. A very nice hike I would do again.

Great hike. It was fairly moderate, not too difficult. Fresh guava in the trail to the waterfall. The water fall is about a 3 mile hike (there and back). Limited parking. We had a great time. About 1 mile in there is a fork where you can take a 5.4 mile hike. Trail to the water fall is fairly well marked.

My 7 year old daughter, 10 year old son, wife, dog, and I finished this trail. It's not too tough if you take it slow.

FYI - about 1 mile in, you will come to an obvious fork. The trail line displayed by AllTrails is the left path.
Both go to the falls:
- Left - shorter/steeper/harder
- Right - longer/gradual slope/easier, but lots of slippery damp roots along stream bed.

This is a great hike with great views at the beginning and of course the beautiful waterfall at the end. Be sure to wear proper shoes because it can get slippery in areas. I would not recommend this hike for children’s under about 7. You might also have to park a bit from the entrance.

If you like a challenge then this is the place! It’s easy going downhill but use caution coming back up. This can become extremely challenging. Wouldn’t recommend bringing young children. We brought our dog and he was quite tired.