Waimano Falls Trail

Waimano Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pearl City, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Honolulu: From H-1, exit at the Pearl City/Waimalu exit. Turn right on Moanalua Road at the end of the ramp. As Moanalua Road ends, turn right on Waimano Home Road. Continue on Waimano Home road until you reach a guard shack with a parking area on the left. Park here - the trails begin at the end of the chain link fence.

very beautiful hike, just bring bug spray. mostly shady hike, could be muddy at times so use shoes you don't mind getting dirty.

Gotta be prepared to tackle cardiac hill going in and out.

This is the quintessential "Hawaii waterfall" hike. A little crowded on weekends so time it appropriately.

Killer hike. Going down wasn't to bad as it was all downhill, coming back up was a different story I died! The falls had a little trickle and the pond was deep and cold, not the cleanest of ponds so swim at your own risk. Definitely more than I expected.

Beautiful trail. I definitely wouldn't bring my kids on this hike as some areas were challenging and slick but a fun hike for sure.

Very fun trail! I was glad there were other people hiking because you don't feel like you're going the right way. The footing was a little rough toward the end, but it was worth it! Probably it a trail for little keiki. My German Shepherd did better than I did, but I would not recommend it for small dogs unless you plan to carry them a bit. I would do this hike again (even though my calves are burning from the uphill on the way back!).