Wahiawa Hills Trail

Wahiawa Hills Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wahiawa, Hawaii that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and fly fishing and is best used from May until November.

fly fishing

This is a loop trail that takes you through paper bark forest and other invasive plants (e.g. uluhe, etc). The trail is a bit of an up and down jaunt with the final reward being a dip in the stream. Be careful if it is raining as the stream can swell.

absolutely beautiful!

I love the fact that no one was on the trail that day. Beautiful.

One of the better hikes I have done in Hawaii so far. I did the entire loop for the first time today and have done the southern half out and back before. The initial/final hill and the two big dips through the valley are some tough trudging but other than that the trail was in great shape with only a couple slightly muddy spots. The ridge tops offered a great breeze both times I was hiking here and I have only seen two people not in my party after about 6 total hours on this trail. I hear the tubing is great (and the trail more populace) when the water level is up. When it is down the stream crossing is a great place to sit in the shade, have a snack, and enjoy the solitude that is so rare in Hawaii.

great hike, with beautiful views.

Lives up to it's rating. It is definitely not for the beginner. Lots of elevation shifts, rivers to cross, and slippery footing. Enjoyed the hike - recommend it for the seasoned hiker.

so much fun. Like an obstacle courss.

awesome trail. I met up with a friend from high school who is stationed here at k bay and we started this trail in the pouring rain. the beginning and end of this trail is horribly marked, if not marked at all, we walked the wrong way and kind of trail blazed for a bit until we ended up on something that actually looked like a trail and I checked this apps GPS and we were dead nuts on the trail, like half way around the loop, then crossed the rivers and saw an old plantation road then it got dark and we hit two three forks and got super super lost for like a few hours, and just went on every possible trail we saw until my compass said we were heading south west toward the car. Awesome trail, great views, cool streams, and not a single sign of human life, which was nice, but terrible trail markings for the trail entrance. But maybe that's on purpose.