Wahiawa Hills Trail

Wahiawa Hills Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wahiawa, Hawaii that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and fly fishing and is best used from May until November.

fly fishing

This is a loop trail that takes you through paper bark forest and other invasive plants (e.g. uluhe, etc). The trail is a bit of an up and down jaunt with the final reward being a dip in the stream. Be careful if it is raining as the stream can swell.

great hike, with beautiful views.

Lives up to it's rating. It is definitely not for the beginner. Lots of elevation shifts, rivers to cross, and slippery footing. Enjoyed the hike - recommend it for the seasoned hiker.

so much fun. Like an obstacle courss.

awesome trail. I met up with a friend from high school who is stationed here at k bay and we started this trail in the pouring rain. the beginning and end of this trail is horribly marked, if not marked at all, we walked the wrong way and kind of trail blazed for a bit until we ended up on something that actually looked like a trail and I checked this apps GPS and we were dead nuts on the trail, like half way around the loop, then crossed the rivers and saw an old plantation road then it got dark and we hit two three forks and got super super lost for like a few hours, and just went on every possible trail we saw until my compass said we were heading south west toward the car. Awesome trail, great views, cool streams, and not a single sign of human life, which was nice, but terrible trail markings for the trail entrance. But maybe that's on purpose.

I've done this hike before and it's amazing but now there is a tree down after the first creep crossing with no way around it.

Great workout!

This hike was fun just never got to do the loop cause my gps so ii had to turn around cause the military joint base so ii walked back the same way. But other then that this hike is awesome a lot of birds and the views are beautiful. Ii love being out door.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

I already knew where the trail head was located due to a friend showing me so that was no issue. Once you get into the woods follow the trail that leads close to the ridge on the left. You will come to a steep downward incline full of roots which make it easy to climb down. The trail is around 7 miles total not 3.7 miles. It has a lot of narrow trails with drop offs and many ups and downs. The map that is on this app is very accurate and I would advise using it while hiking or you will get lost! This hike is a BEAST! And proper footwear is a must.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Trail was marked with tags tied to the trees. It was slick because of the rain but a great hike for the adventurer that doesn't want to drive far.