Tripler Ridge Trail

Tripler Ridge Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This hike is a long and continuous uphill trek with excellent views of the valleys on either side of Tripler ridge ending in a spectacular view of the windward side of the island. For those feeling really adventurous, you can continue onto the connector trails.

You won't get lost! From the Tripler housing area a paved trail lead you about a mile above tripler with nice views and easy going. Beyond that one clear path, almost totally devoid of forks or deviations leads you up the ridge another 4 miles to a broad grassy peak with fabulous views of the windward side. Some steep ascents are required, though most have ropes in place to assist. The trail also narrows to a knife edge ridge three feet wide with a chance at a long fall for the innate native.

Great trail! I suggest hitting the trail head no later than 06:30, so you can ascend before the sun bakes you. Trail is not a trail for novices. However, if you just take it slow and steady, on the narrow areas, you will be fine.

Nice trail. Super muddy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Will take you to the top of the Haiku stairs. The end point is worth the work!

I am. I am leaving now to it.

Hector let me know if your starting before 7AM

Hey Chris I am planning to do it. Holler at me

Is anybody doing this trail tomorrow early morning 9 OCT 16?

Hector what time are you planning to start?

If anyone is interested in hiking it up together Friday morning please contact me 9107281246

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

definitely wear pants. the rope assisted portions along the approach are good. the rope closer to the top is too taught and becomes more of a danger than a help. dangerous in wet weather.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

great views. steep first mile on paved trail. second mile trail gets thinner, more up and down and flats. must be able to access Tripler Army Medical Center to get to trail head

Thursday, March 10, 2016

This was an awesome trail which we did in running clothes...should have had on pants to protect our legs from the branches/palms. Very difficult trail and certainly is rated properly at "hard". The reason I didn't give it a 5 star was because at 3.69 miles (shown on my gps) the trail went sharply down with no discernible way to continue on the ridge. We just didn't have the strength to go sharply down knowing we'd have to come back. The trail is not always recognizable so keep a close watch on where you're going. The yellow plum-looking things are delicious guavas.