Thurston Lava Tube Trail

Thurston Lava Tube Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hawaii National Park, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

cave

The lights were out which was no big deal since every phone has a light. The tube itself wasn't a big deal and too crowded with tourist busses.

lights were out. Worth doing though

We did this loop after hiking 7miles through the volcano and it was the perfect easy walk before we started the 7miles back to our car. Very cool and very wet inside.

Easy loop walk that is fun for kids and adults.

I walked in here a ways on a trip back in 92' Kilauea was really active so it was spooky in here. You feel like there would be no retreat if lava started heading your way. Even though I knew that wasn't possible, it was still creepy that day. I didn't go all the way to the end as others with me were waiting back in the car. It was interesting though and is easy to do.

Easy but a must see if you never seen a lava tube. Parking is in short supply here even during weekdays