Thurston Lava Tube Trail

Thurston Lava Tube Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hawaii National Park, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

cave

We did this loop after hiking 7miles through the volcano and it was the perfect easy walk before we started the 7miles back to our car. Very cool and very wet inside.

Easy loop walk that is fun for kids and adults.

I walked in here a ways on a trip back in 92' Kilauea was really active so it was spooky in here. You feel like there would be no retreat if lava started heading your way. Even though I knew that wasn't possible, it was still creepy that day. I didn't go all the way to the end as others with me were waiting back in the car. It was interesting though and is easy to do.

Easy but a must see if you never seen a lava tube. Parking is in short supply here even during weekdays

Fun easy trail with short moderate descent and ascent to ends of the tube. Bring a flashlight if you want to check out darker corners. Can be chilly so take a jacket. Takes about half hour total for experienced hikers.

Nice view of a lava tube.

this trail was awesome for my 2 yr old and full of life

Short but nice walk. Kids loved it

Great easy trail, really beautiful.