Sleeping Giant (Nounou Mountain) West Trail

Sleeping Giant (Nounou Mountain) West Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kapaa, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A little harder than I had anticipated, you can get winded quite easily! Overall, great trail and the views are spectacular!

Was expecting it to be super muddy from hiking secret falls last year and reading the prior reviews.. it rained for a few minutes on the way up but way less mud barely any we must of got lucky .. the way up is way harder then the way down .. steep incline and some scrambling needed towards the top.. it has awesome views that you can pretty much see 360 around you which is very rare on a hike .. I would definitely do this from either the east or west we will be trying the east before we leave it was that good

This was a fun hike! Saw several families going up. Can see for miles.

I thought this would be lame bc it was so close to town but I was very pleasantly surpised! The view from the top was beautiful and worth it. I went past the spot that said trail ends here...there's a very clear trail that goes to the top, but there are a few steep rock walls but pretty easy to manuver up!

Great hike!! amazing views)))

Awesome do it!