Red Sand Beach

Red Sand Beach is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hana, Hawaii and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

beach

Directions from Hana Highway: Follow the Hana Highway into Hana. At the police station take the left side of the Y, which is Uakea Road. Continue driving on Uakea Road to Keawa Place. Turn left on to Keawa Place to the Hana Beach Park.

slippery and slick...

This beach is epic!

Easy hike out to a BEAUTIFUL red sand beach. Seriously, stunning.

Good experience, not the only place to see the red sand beach, but a nice easy route.

with a rating of easy, I assumed it would be, well, easy. It isn't that it's treacherous but with the dirt it can be very slippery and dangerous. I saw many people turn around rather than risk it and I myself ended up sliding down in one spot. It was dry when we went and I would definitely NOT advise going when it's raining. Also, make sure to wear good footwear, flip flops could definitely be your downfall (literally) here. I would say this was a step up from easy as many people we passed wouldn't even attempt to go past the first stop.

it was a little tricky to get to but very private...it was like having your own little beach. the rocks break up the waves and turns to the pool into sort of a champaign pool. It was a great experience.

A little bit dangerous, but magic.

Go early and watch your footing!

This is a short and easy trail to a small beautiful red sand beach. The beach is the result of a landslide. If the beach is not crowded, which it often is because it's small, its very cool and unique. It looked like a beach in s volcano. We especially Liked the rock break which keeps waves out of the bay.