Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! Crowded on holidays and weekends. All up then all down. It's in a great neighborhood so neighborhood parking rules apply - don't block driveways, mail box access, walkways and sidewalks. Happy trails!!

I don't know why people say there's no view?! There's a spectacular view of the valley near the end. Awesome, short hike!

The trail was good. We enjoyed the trail more so than the view at the top...it was pretty anti-climactic. But it was still pretty nice! We recommend not to hike it in flip flops for there are a lot of tree roots on the trails that could be hazardous.

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.

Decent enough hike, prefer one with a more scenic finish.

Was a nice short hike, easy to stay on the path, lots of tree roots to climb over. It's overgrown so no real breathtaking views. Great to do with friends, family and of course 4 legged companions.