Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this one yesterday to work off the anxiety and adrenaline from the bomb scare. Pretty hike, nice views, no point traveling the last little bit past the top of the hill though as it is overgrown and prickly with no real additional scenery

Nice short trail, a more quiet alternative to Manoa Falls (but without waterfall). From the second viewing point to the front of the mountain the path is very overgrown.

Easy hike, but pretty gross right now. Thought a week after the last rain would be enough to firm it up, but it was a muddy mess. Give it a few days if you're planning to go soon.

Fairly easy hike. Decent view from the first lookout area over Manoa Valley towards paradise park. Second lookout area is looking straight from the back of Manoa Valley into town (Honolulu).

Really cool trail. Doesn't take long. A little slippery when it's rained. Well worth it!

Easy trail that my dog absolutely loved. It got pretty "rooty" at times, but worth it for the yummy strawberry gauvas at the top.

A lot of fun. It hasn't rained in a while so we crossed the water bed & what I think was an alternative path, super fun. Once we got higher up the trail seemed to get harder & harder to find. I brought my dog & I had to carry her through the brush. We also heard some creepy voices in the dark... weird but still a lot of fun

The view was beautiful. Halfway up it started to rain, therefore the trail became more slippery and muddy. My husband and I decided to take the kids and it was a wonderful family experience for us.

Nice scenery. Good for trail running. Good place for beginners. Not challenging at all

Fun little hike with great views! Peaceful trail easy to follow, jungle feel and good view point for 270 degree views of the mountains. A bit slippery when raining and lots of tree roots make it a little more difficult than expected.

Nice walk in the forest, lots of strawberry guava. I wish it were longer

Lovely wide-open and well-marked and maintained trail. At the back of the trail, where the trail turns makai, there is an obvious side trail that goes straight down the hill. This connects to the seven bridges trail which goes either back to the valley (left) or onward to waterfalls or Manoa Middle Ridge trail up to the Koʻolau Summit.

I did it when it was raining so was muddy. But great view of the mountains in the end. I would do it again when it's not raining.

Great trail! Crowded on holidays and weekends. All up then all down. It's in a great neighborhood so neighborhood parking rules apply - don't block driveways, mail box access, walkways and sidewalks. Happy trails!!

I don't know why people say there's no view?! There's a spectacular view of the valley near the end. Awesome, short hike!

The trail was good. We enjoyed the trail more so than the view at the top...it was pretty anti-climactic. But it was still pretty nice! We recommend not to hike it in flip flops for there are a lot of tree roots on the trails that could be hazardous.

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Decent enough hike, prefer one with a more scenic finish.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Was a nice short hike, easy to stay on the path, lots of tree roots to climb over. It's overgrown so no real breathtaking views. Great to do with friends, family and of course 4 legged companions.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Loved this trail! Great views! It is 2miles to the top so 4 miles round trip!