Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice quick run up and down the trail this morning. It was slightly wet and muddy in places. I can’t imagine what this place looks like after rainfall. There were families, including young and old, climbing and descending. Everyone looked like the were having a good time.

The view from the top is ok. Nothing to write home about.... but this is Hawaii and experiences and memories are what makes life so special.

This was a great hike and had a great view from the top. Simple enough to take the whole family.

Easy. Good short morning workout. Love the wild boar scare! ;)

Did this one yesterday to work off the anxiety and adrenaline from the bomb scare. Pretty hike, nice views, no point traveling the last little bit past the top of the hill though as it is overgrown and prickly with no real additional scenery

Nice short trail, a more quiet alternative to Manoa Falls (but without waterfall). From the second viewing point to the front of the mountain the path is very overgrown.

Easy hike, but pretty gross right now. Thought a week after the last rain would be enough to firm it up, but it was a muddy mess. Give it a few days if you're planning to go soon.

nice quick hike really clears all the drugs and alcohol youve been doing lately

Fairly easy hike. Decent view from the first lookout area over Manoa Valley towards paradise park. Second lookout area is looking straight from the back of Manoa Valley into town (Honolulu).

Really cool trail. Doesn't take long. A little slippery when it's rained. Well worth it!

Easy trail that my dog absolutely loved. It got pretty "rooty" at times, but worth it for the yummy strawberry gauvas at the top.

A lot of fun. It hasn't rained in a while so we crossed the water bed & what I think was an alternative path, super fun. Once we got higher up the trail seemed to get harder & harder to find. I brought my dog & I had to carry her through the brush. We also heard some creepy voices in the dark... weird but still a lot of fun

The view was beautiful. Halfway up it started to rain, therefore the trail became more slippery and muddy. My husband and I decided to take the kids and it was a wonderful family experience for us.

Nice scenery. Good for trail running. Good place for beginners. Not challenging at all

Fun little hike with great views! Peaceful trail easy to follow, jungle feel and good view point for 270 degree views of the mountains. A bit slippery when raining and lots of tree roots make it a little more difficult than expected.

Nice walk in the forest, lots of strawberry guava. I wish it were longer

Lovely wide-open and well-marked and maintained trail. At the back of the trail, where the trail turns makai, there is an obvious side trail that goes straight down the hill. This connects to the seven bridges trail which goes either back to the valley (left) or onward to waterfalls or Manoa Middle Ridge trail up to the Koʻolau Summit.

I did it when it was raining so was muddy. But great view of the mountains in the end. I would do it again when it's not raining.

Great trail! Crowded on holidays and weekends. All up then all down. It's in a great neighborhood so neighborhood parking rules apply - don't block driveways, mail box access, walkways and sidewalks. Happy trails!!

I don't know why people say there's no view?! There's a spectacular view of the valley near the end. Awesome, short hike!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

The trail was good. We enjoyed the trail more so than the view at the top...it was pretty anti-climactic. But it was still pretty nice! We recommend not to hike it in flip flops for there are a lot of tree roots on the trails that could be hazardous.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Decent enough hike, prefer one with a more scenic finish.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Was a nice short hike, easy to stay on the path, lots of tree roots to climb over. It's overgrown so no real breathtaking views. Great to do with friends, family and of course 4 legged companions.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Loved this trail! Great views! It is 2miles to the top so 4 miles round trip!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

One of the muddiest, easy trails I know of. Great trail for youngsters, the whole fam but be ready to slip and slide if you don't have hiking shoes.

Pretty much an easy incline the entire way, with a few steeper spots. I'd call it leisurely if it weren't for how muddy it can be! There are some rooty, slippery parts.

Toward the end, you go through some prickly foliage, not a big deal, but if you're sensitive to that, wear some pants.

It's covered just about the whole time, until the end, which is nice. The view at the end isn't a jaw-dropper, but it is great and totally worth the quick hike. Nothing at the end of the trail but a small clearing and an uncomfortable bench that can seat 2.5 skinny people.

Street parking only, and you'll be walking through a residential area to be quiet and respectful.

Mosquito repellent
Hiking shoes
Change of clothes (in the car)
Plastic bags (in the car)

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pros absolutely beautiful! Scenic point right before the bench I cried at the beauty of the majestic mountain range and rainforest! Good little workout if you're taking it easy.

Cons too short!! That's why I deducted a star.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Nice! Short and sweet!

Monday, July 11, 2016

simple but sweet

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great hike.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Nice little hike. End was a bit disappointing. But still enjoyed the hike.