Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice walk in the forest, lots of strawberry guava. I wish it were longer

Lovely wide-open and well-marked and maintained trail. At the back of the trail, where the trail turns makai, there is an obvious side trail that goes straight down the hill. This connects to the seven bridges trail which goes either back to the valley (left) or onward to waterfalls or Manoa Middle Ridge trail up to the Koʻolau Summit.

I did it when it was raining so was muddy. But great view of the mountains in the end. I would do it again when it's not raining.

Great trail! Crowded on holidays and weekends. All up then all down. It's in a great neighborhood so neighborhood parking rules apply - don't block driveways, mail box access, walkways and sidewalks. Happy trails!!

I don't know why people say there's no view?! There's a spectacular view of the valley near the end. Awesome, short hike!

The trail was good. We enjoyed the trail more so than the view at the top...it was pretty anti-climactic. But it was still pretty nice! We recommend not to hike it in flip flops for there are a lot of tree roots on the trails that could be hazardous.

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.