Puu Pia Trail

Puu Pia Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! Crowded on holidays and weekends. All up then all down. It's in a great neighborhood so neighborhood parking rules apply - don't block driveways, mail box access, walkways and sidewalks. Happy trails!!

I don't know why people say there's no view?! There's a spectacular view of the valley near the end. Awesome, short hike!

The trail was good. We enjoyed the trail more so than the view at the top...it was pretty anti-climactic. But it was still pretty nice! We recommend not to hike it in flip flops for there are a lot of tree roots on the trails that could be hazardous.

It had been raining for about an hour when I started my hike. Check out the photo where it looks like you're hiking up a creek. I was in sneakers so it took a little while longer avoiding puddles, mud, etc. I went about a mile to the summit of the first ridge, that's where I turned around, not a bad view there. If I was wearing pants and proper hiking boots/shoes I would have continued. However, as the trail started going down it narrowed to about 6 inches wide, with knee high brush, and I couldn't tell where it went beyond 15 ft ahead. Despite hiking in the pouring rain I enjoyed it. Just know what you're getting into.

Decent enough hike, prefer one with a more scenic finish.