Puu Ohulehule is a 10.5 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hauula, Hawaii that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

10.5 km
754 m

historic site

One of the toughest hikes that I've done. The view at the top and while hiking along the ridge is gorgeous. I would not recommend doing this if it's raining or you're not in good shape. The last mile to the peak is grueling. I did it with three others and we're all in good shape. Coming back down all of us cramped up. Also make sure to bring plenty of water.

Gnarliest hike I've ever done!, do not underestimate it, took us 6hrs and we were charging hard!, wear shin guards with socks cus our legs were bleeding from the overgrown vegetation, I'm a decent runner and believe me all of us (including couple military guys) ended up cramping our leg muscles at the end, views are awesome tho! highly recommend it!

This hike is not for the faint of heart. It begins fairly easy to moderate, crossing 3 shin deep streams pretty early in. Once the trail splits from the loop shown on all the maps, it gets narrow and somewhat difficult to navigate, but there were orange and pink ribbon on trees to guide the way. The hike then begins a muddy moderate ascent. After crossing the 4th stream near a bamboo forrest, the hike really begins to ascend. Once you get out onto the ridge there are ropes to help you climb up, but it was muddy and slippery. I didn't actually make it all the way up to the top of the ridge but the views from where I stopped were amazing and more than I hoped for. I'd recommend it for people who are in shape and don't have too great of a fear of heights.