Pihea Vista Trail

Pihea Vista Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kekaha, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Does anyone know if this is Closed? I know that a bunch of Na Pali Coast trails are closed... is this one too??

Very (very) muddy when I did it, that will definetly slow you down! I think it took 2 hours for those 2 miles (!). The view is nice, worth the effort.

Great fun! Did this hike on 12/31. It’s a nice wide path with plenty of good places to put your feet. That said, it is very muddy and slippery, so be prepared to go slow. The last quarter mile is an awesome scramble... it was my favorite part of the hike besides the spectacular views. Keens or other sturdy shoe you don’t mind getting covered in mud encouraged. Highly recommend this hike!

Great hike. Got a good tip from a local to go early in the morning before the clouds come in. Clear when I got to the vista and watched the clouds fill the valley and cover the peak on the way back. Mud made portions of the trail interesting and a few spots difficult, but overall a good workout over a short run with interesting puzzles along the way and a nice pay off at the end.

Enjoyed it very much

Did this today and it gets steep and extremely muddy. Beginning of the trail had some overlooks with good visibility, but deeper into the hike there was heavy cloud coverage so not much of a view at the vista. Took us approx 2.5 hours total, most of the time spent navigating slippery conditions at the end.

So fun. Like an amusement park of tree roots, muddy foot holds, spectacular views.

awesome views, at the end very muddy.

very muddy Two last Days . we Do 1.5 miles before get back cause There are rain almost every Day ans the trail become worst, so look for north-west wind and IT shoud be clear of cloud to Do awesome picture, your feet could be wet after if you hike even the day after rain Enjoy your ride

Beautiful. We hiked a day after it had rained, and it was super muddy, I slipped and fell :) be the mud!

There was definitely some scrambling, I wouldn't recommend this trail for anyone carrying a child.

Beautiful view of the bay. Felt it was an intense workout scrambling up in spots. I could see where it could become impassable if muddy. Luckily very little mud on today’s hike.

Pretty easy hike with amazing views. We did the boat tour of the coast earlier in the day and then hiked what we saw by boat which was neat to see from both views. Definitely wear closed toe shoes as some parts get muddy and a little climbing is involved but not towards the end so you can hike for the views without going the whole way. Luckily is was clear on the way out right until the end and then our way back was foggy so we didn't get the views again but still fun!

Nice wide trail but lots of climbing through roots towards the end of the 1 mile turn around. There are good views of both the canyon and Napoli coast although it can get socked in with mist.

I have hiked all over the world and this is easily one of the coolest and most beautiful trails I've ever done. Especially, if you connect to the other trails towards the end.

The canyon views are truly breathtaking and the structure of the trail itself is really neat. At points it's like a puzzle trying to figure out the best steps to take. My kind of hiking!

I can understand why some non-hiking types would not like it, but if you enjoy a fun and unique trail with truly amazing views then this one should be at the top of your list.

Absolutely loved the hike to the vista, challenging and muddy. It was cloudy and misty, however the clouds broke enough to see some great scenery on our way back.

Completed trail on 29 July with partly cloudy skies. Absolutely beautiful. We took 5.5 & 7.5 year olds and they had a blast the last .5 miles or so with all the climbing. From probably .8 miles or so on, be ready for some climbing. It was dry when we went, but if wet I can imagine it would be bumped up a notch on difficulty.

July 28, 2018. Not many people on the trail and with the weather and trail conditions, I decided to trek only to the 1.0 mile marker. Eventhough, it was a short hike to that marker, it was a great workout on the rugged and slippery terrain. I was high above in the clouds and rainy, but as soon as the sun emerged, the view was specatular of the Na Pali coast. Tallied up 2.24 RT and 541' evlegations agains. Next time, I will do the trail up the Alakai Crossing. Loved this hike.

Amazing view!!!!

Started this hike around 9 am- very very dense fog throughout hike on pacific side. Occasionally fog would break long enough to steal a glimpse of valley but majority of hike was cloudy...EVEN after tracking through almost impassible mud spots ( kept things interesting and super hard to hike w/o slipping) to the summit/trail end! At the “top” our view was still unfortunately foggy toward the pacific side...we had (in my opinion) better views along the half way marks and I’m not sure I’d go this trail again. We had fun but only thing memorable was the abundance of mud and the views at the start of the hike once some of the fog burned off...

Fantastic!!

Nice trail, but to be honest you don’t have to go all the way to the end through mud to capture the beautiful views of the canyon. If I would do it again, I would probably go approximately half way and then turn back, unless you want to go down the canyon on the other side and explore other trails down.

definitely fun but I would rate this "hard" instead of moderate, especially if it is wet/rainy.

This trail was a wonderful trail for the views. I don’t know if I would go as “Moderate” but I would almost push it to “Hard” depending of your ability to climb muddy hills. After the .75 mile marker it became pretty technical. Great views at the top but very slippery getting there. If you have some trail shoes ie: Solomon’s or something similar, I suggest you wear those. Anticipate getting your shoes muddy. But all in all nice trail to hike on. Took us a couple hours to complete it and we were just keeping at a nice steady pace.

Incredible views. Difficult when wet as the dirt becomes like ice. Otherwise easy

Went on a cloudy day. We we're happy for the lower temperatures. Because it had been raining the day before it was muddy in places, it could have been much worse. Having to climb and scramble up some of the rocks and roots was challenging. We had beautiful views in between cloud cover.

May 14, 2018. Sunny conditions, low humidity, temp around 65 at start time of 10:30 am. Beautiful views throughout the hike and shaded for much of the trail. The trail begins to get very muddy around the 0.6 mile marker. The trail gets fairly intense around the .75 mile marker with steep climbs. You will get very dirty if the trail is muddy. Go for it and head on out to the vista. It took us roughly 3.5 hours to do the entire out-and-back trail but we stopped many times for photos.

Definitely a strong moderate trail on the last half with the steepness and muddiness. It was very cloudy and misty so we couldn't see the ocean side view but we could see the valley side. Very beautiful. I want to come back when we can see the ocean vista, I bet its gorgeous.

We stopped so many times to stand and admire the view that just kept getting better and better. It was a sunny day in June.