Pihea Vista

Pihea Vista is a 2.3 mile out and back trail located near Kokee, Hawaii that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy trail, but with amazing na pali views.

Great hike, trail is broad and easy to walk for the majority of the way, can be fairly slippery when wet. Last section up to the peak is steeper with rutted out sections, tree roots and some mud. All walkable for most hikers in most conditions if you take it slowly when wet. Go early before the clouds set in for the afternoon. Offers a different perspective on the Kalalau Valley - the views are worth it!

I’m guessing the rainy season is the wrong time of year to do this hike. We did two hikes up in this area in he past week and they both were very wet and cloudy. When it’s clear, the views onto Kalalau Valley are gorgeous. We saw the valley at the lookout, then were socked in by clouds for most of the hike. The hike wasn’t hard, but the constant misting/rain does make it slick and very muddy in some parts. At one point the clouds did thin out enough to see parts of the valley and the ocean, which was beautiful.

It was great. My wife and I did it in flip flops.

Very scenic trail, I loved it!

This trail was a muddy mess when we came. It was foggy for most of it and so we only got to see beautiful views for a moment. I've heard this trail can be one of the best in Kauai, but from what I experienced I wasn't too impressed. It was okay and I'd still be open to trying it again though.

It's hard to beat these views looking down into the Kalalau Valley, but I would call this an easy trail, not moderate.

Absolutely amazing views at the beginning when clear out! Be prepared to get very muddy, and to use your hands as well when climbing up the steeper parts toward the end. Very fun!

Relatively easy hike. Beautiful Views. Arrive early to