Point to Point

bridge out

old growth

I did this trail backwards, starting from Waimanalo and ending at Pali lookout. There are some forks at the beginning, so stay on the widest(bigger) path so you don’t get lost. It connects to the Maunawili trail, so follow the sign for that. You will be on this trail most of the time. Wet and hazardous conditions ahead. Watch your step and pack accordingly. Bring a friend or at least tell someone where you are going. You could die. Plenty of water sources along the trail, I suggest bringing a filtration system. I recorded this trail with AllTrails pro, and it logged 12 miles. I finished in 7.5 hours with strained left hip muscle, so it can be done faster. About 1/2 of the way up, the trail seems to end. I saw a blue ribbon which signifies the wrong way. Instead, go up the dry stream about 20 feet and the trail continues. I’m glad I explored a bit before turning back. Theres no where to camp so don’t plan on staying over. I would suggest experienced hikers only with good dexterity. When you get to the end of the Maunawili trail, swing a left up the dirt steps toward the old Pali road. Bypass the “under the bridge” and continue along the old Pali road. The last part of the hike is gravel with some awesome (and rewarding) views along the way. When you get to Pali lookout you’ll have to either jump over a six foot high locked gate or squeeze around the left side of the gate. Its a tight squeeze so if you have a big belly you won’t fit. Good luck out there and stay safe!