Olomana Trail

Olomana Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

old growth

Located in Kailua, Three Peaks is a wonderful hike with great views if you can make it to the top. The first peak's about 1.5 miles up with dropoffs on both sides. The next peak isn't as challenging but still an awesome view. The last peak should only be tried by experienced hikers.

Trailhead is easy to find and the path is well worn, so no issue there. Can be dangerous, especially after a rain so keep your head on, yeah?

Views at the top of each peak are staggering. The first peak has da best view. Don't get cocky because the first peak was easiest! Respect da mountain and know your limits.

This can be a dangerous climb. It's not worth doing if you don't do at least the 2nd peak because getting to the top of the first is easy. My wife and I got to the top of the 3rd peak. It was tough and very sketchy at some spots but we thought with some skill and carefulness it was worth it. However, on the way down from the 3rd peak my wife lost her footing at a sketchy rope descent, spun around the side of the peak holding on for life. If it wasn't for a couple close by that helped I don't know what we would've done. Thanks again to that guy. Just that easily, a climb we thought wasn't as bad as we've heard almost went real bad. With that said, it was worth trying for anyone looking for an adrenaline rush.

Worth it. If you make the climb you have to do at least the first two peaks.

Great trail but dangerous. Check out my blog for a little bit of history and lore about this trail. www.venturealohahikes.com/blog

My favorite hike still on this island. I need to go more often. The gate lady won't let You in if forecast isn't clear or if been raining a lot lately. Took us about 3-3.5 hours but from what my friends tell me, I hike beast mode. Stop and take pictures on every peak well best views on island besides west side hikes. There were quite a few ppl on our way who were struggling fitness/water wise. Bring at least three liters and go early. If your struggling on the way up peak one, I wouldn't do the rest of them. I even stopped few times to catch my breath it's a leg burner! As you end peak two to ascend up peak three was the o my area I was frightened. I think this is where ppl have fallen. There's s Tiny ledge with a boulder that sticks out onto it you need to go around without rope. Don't even consider looking down and if your going with someone, have the less scared person go first and grab your hand. It's easy to get across it's just the thought that frightened me as it's very narrow. Lots of rope climbing so very fun. Enjoy! Be safe!

Amazing hike. Just challenging enough for an exciting hike. Incredible views. Went early morning and was the only one on the summit. Passed a handful of people coming down.

*** Do NOT park where the directions tell you to park this whole street is private property and my car was towed to Honolulu. An Uber ride and $250 later I was reunited with my vehicle on the other side of the island. Trail was still worth it!***

Did all 3 back in summer, definitely worth it!