Olomana Trail

Olomana Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

old growth

Located in Kailua, Three Peaks is a wonderful hike with great views if you can make it to the top. The first peak's about 1.5 miles up with dropoffs on both sides. The next peak isn't as challenging but still an awesome view. The last peak should only be tried by experienced hikers.

12 minutes ago

One of my favorite hikes. I love that there's a lot of spots where you get to use ropes. This hike had some amazing views from all three peaks.

Don't be intimidated by the spot that drops down where you need to use a rope to climb down. You can't see all the way down but I think it looks a bit scarier than it really is. Go for it! We saw a few people turn around at that spot and they definitely missed out. Make sure to wear gloves on this hike!!

BEYOND EPIC HIKE!!! This is probably my #1 in my top 5 so far. Pretty challenging due to so much climbing but so awesome. Made it to the 1st peak and then made the trek back due to rain. Worth every step. If your a climber you'll love this hike.

Watch where you park, I got a ticket for having the edge of my tire on the cement but oh well!

This is probably the most popular of the more "dangerous" hikes on the island (in reality every hike is dangerous). But man, is it worth the risk. This remains one of my favorite hikes on the island. Really incredible views of the windward side of the island and the Ko'olau Range. The hike itself is a blast with some good ridge hiking and rock climbing. Like any hike, know your physical limits and don't be afraid to turn back if you get sketched out. For a good perspective of what you might see on this hike, check out my blog post!

be careful at the third peak. lots of accidents happen there.

Great trail. Medium to advanced level. Some cool ridges with very narrow paths and steep cliffs. Definetly need some rock climbing skills!

Do not park anywhere on Loop road leading up to or past the entrance sign for the Royal Hawaiian Golf Course. That's where is and another group parked (on a part that didn't have no parking signs) and we both got towed and had to go to Honolulu to pick up our cars and pay $220. Just find a place to park out on Auloa road I think. Then walk in on loop road through the entrance to the golf course. Then you'll see a sign for the trail off to the left a couple minutes past the guard shack. If worse comes to worse there is a place called Maunawili Park, you could park there but technically that is only for people using the park. I'm not sure if they check that though. The problem with Loop road is that the golf course patrols it and calls the tow company immediately.

Some locals said there used to be a trail that cuts across from Maunawili Park over to Loop road, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, we just went to the first peak and the views were out of this world. Even worth the fine! Definitely recommend, just don't mess around with parking on Loop road and you won't be disappointed!

Aloha! I do hikes and photos out here on the island. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.Karas and shoot me a message if you have any questions/are interested in hiking. You can email me as well at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

Great hike, not for beginners, especially the second 2 peaks. Better be somewhat confident, coordinated and aware that a mistake could result in a fatal outcome. Amazing views and a rare open to the public challenge. Bring a backpack with water sunscreen and snacks.

Trailhead is easy to find and the path is well worn, so no issue there. Can be dangerous, especially after a rain so keep your head on, yeah?

Views at the top of each peak are staggering. The first peak has da best view. Don't get cocky because the first peak was easiest! Respect da mountain and know your limits.

This can be a dangerous climb. It's not worth doing if you don't do at least the 2nd peak because getting to the top of the first is easy. My wife and I got to the top of the 3rd peak. It was tough and very sketchy at some spots but we thought with some skill and carefulness it was worth it. However, on the way down from the 3rd peak my wife lost her footing at a sketchy rope descent, spun around the side of the peak holding on for life. If it wasn't for a couple close by that helped I don't know what we would've done. Thanks again to that guy. Just that easily, a climb we thought wasn't as bad as we've heard almost went real bad. With that said, it was worth trying for anyone looking for an adrenaline rush.

Worth it. If you make the climb you have to do at least the first two peaks.