Olomana Trail

Olomana Trail is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kailua, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

old growth

Located in Kailua, Three Peaks is a wonderful hike with great views if you can make it to the top. The first peak's about 1.5 miles up with dropoffs on both sides. The next peak isn't as challenging but still an awesome view. The last peak should only be tried by experienced hikers.

very good hike but don't go on the week-end

Hands down my favorite hike in Hawaii....and if you can make it to the third peak...well you'll know you've been some place very few others have!!! there's a hole you can crawl through at one point on the way to the third peak...had one of my few near death expiriences there, although I can look back now and laugh...
Love this trail for the beauty, challenge and diversity!!!!!

little bit of everything. a few sketchy parts bug always a place for your feet and/or hands

Super fun, last peak was scary and it had been raining the day before (and was raining in the way down) so it was dangerously slippery but well worth it. I think it deserves the hard rating, moderate for first two peaks.

My favourite hike in Hawaii so far. The views are spectacular. The climb to the first peak is long and a little repetitive but worth the views from the top, it's a quick going to the second peak where again you're rewarded with great views. The descent from the second peak is where this hike starts to get fun, there are ropes to assist you all the way down that are in reasonably good condition( I have no idea how often they are maintained though) the climb to the third peak was awesome and again with ropes to assist. I would NOT recommend attempting the second or third peaks in windy or rainy conditions. I had spectacular weather the day I did it and even with the slightest breeze as I made the final ascent on the third peak I was blown around the rocks a little. Take lots of water and snacks. This hike took us 5.5 hrs total from where we'd parked the car across the road from the golf club entrance.

Very slick after a rain so take spikes.

Don't get sloppy with your parking, cops are still ticketing over here.

Hiked it in reverse again. Still felt super sketch coming up Ahiki. Only go if you or someone you're with knows. Ropes here are unreliable, old, and anchors are wiggling. More than a few parts require some very technical and risky movements. The trail to the backside is rough, overgrown, and well, rough. I think it takes about 90min+ just to get to the bottom of Ahiki. After climbing up the backside, the rest of trail feels like a stroll in the park. Going down 3rd peak and up 2nd without even touching the ropes felt so easy. Just as a point of reference.

Always one of my favs.

Last thing... Take off your micro spikes. You don't need them for this trail, and you are only damaging the rocks and roots. Especially while climbing, there's a better chance you'll dislodge a rock with a spike and fall, than slip. Take em off.

ig @niiimz_

Absolutely beautiful and fun hike. Did this with my brother a couple weeks ago and it was certainly a ton of fun. We just got to the first peak due to time constraints but even there the drop offs can be intimidating to some. Would definitely love to come back and try to finish this trail

It was great

Views were incredible! Only made it to the first peak, and it was honestly a little too much for me! I felt okay until the last stretch of rock climbing to get up to the peak. BRING EXTRA WATER!! Hike isn't bad up to the last stretch before the first peak. Definitely wouldn't recommend if its raining or windy, Don't park by white bridge, tow signs are up.