Old Pali Road

Old Pali Road is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

old growth

Awesome hike when it’s dry, the road and terrain gets muddy and slippery when wet, take caution.

1/15/2018-Started around 0800 and only came across 1 group of 3 people and 1 biker during our trek. Wasn’t too sunny but the view from Pali Lookout was beautiful as always.

Started the hike at the Pali Lookout. Bypassed the barricade with caution. Great views, easy trail to follow, several down branches to climb over but nothing dangerous. At mile 4.9 the trail is giving way which is where I turned around because I was hiking alone and decided to use common sense.

I’ll return again to complete the hike when I can get a friend to come with me.

did this hike in late June, path was closed and barricaded due to da her of falling rocks; however it is easy to get past. views are incredible and the hike is generally easy.

5/28/2017-Started from Pali Lookout this time and hike was a little slick from rain last night. A little humid with the sun being out and some mosquitoes otherwise views from the top were great!

5/20/2017-Husband and I chose the trailhead at Ko'olau Golf Course to start from and after a couple of wrong turns, managed to find our way to Pali Lookout. Encountered several groups on the way up and enjoyed the wonderful scenery!

You can take this road from the Pali Lookout to a pretty cool and unique waterfall underneath the (New) Pali Highway. Also the views along Old Pali Road itself are incredible. For more information on this check out my blog post!

Saturday, January 07, 2017

This trail is closed due to falling rocks. Lookout is pretty though!

Monday, October 31, 2016

It was a nice hike. Very shaded. Not too slippery. Not too muddy.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

We entered through barricades and fences stating falling rocks. Hike at your own risk. Great hike...except we couldn't find the likeke waterfall. Take someone with you who has been there before. We enjoyed walking the old paved road. It was muddy was once we got on the trail. Take bug spray!!! Also, the Pali lookout at the beginning of the hike is beautiful.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pretty awesome trail run. started at Pali lookout and ran a little past the maulawili split. About 6.33 miles round trip 1hour 50min. on Garmin 610.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Easy hike. Started from the Pali Lookout. Will do it again in the near future!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Hike is completely closed off. There was an apparent rockslide. Unless you're willing to bypass the gate that was out up and climb over the pile of rocks go for it. We had kids with us, the only reason we didn't continue on with the hike.

Monday, September 12, 2016

This was a fun hike! Pretty steep and bring mosquito spray!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

this trail is closed due to rock slide- I was just there today. the park ranger have no indication that it would be corrected anytime soon.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Fun! 1st attempt me and my friends had to turn back because it was pouring buckets and the road turned into a flood up to our knees. Not safe, we also had a young boy with us. 2nd time completed 10/31/15 a while ago. Pretty waterfall nice workout!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

beautiful walk with awesome views. the old pali road is very neat

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Parked at Pali Lookout, trail is closed due to rock slide. Is there another way to get in on the trail.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

a very easy hike, this is not part of the Pali notches trail.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Nice easy hike for the family. We have always started at the Pali lookout and then go under the Pali highway to link up to another trail. My husband has taken the trail with his friends all the way to Muanawili a 12 mile hike.