Old Pali Road

Old Pali Road is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

old growth

Started the hike at the Pali Lookout. Bypassed the barricade with caution. Great views, easy trail to follow, several down branches to climb over but nothing dangerous. At mile 4.9 the trail is giving way which is where I turned around because I was hiking alone and decided to use common sense.

I’ll return again to complete the hike when I can get a friend to come with me.

did this hike in late June, path was closed and barricaded due to da her of falling rocks; however it is easy to get past. views are incredible and the hike is generally easy.

You can take this road from the Pali Lookout to a pretty cool and unique waterfall underneath the (New) Pali Highway. Also the views along Old Pali Road itself are incredible. For more information on this check out my blog post!

Saturday, January 07, 2017

This trail is closed due to falling rocks. Lookout is pretty though!

Monday, October 31, 2016

It was a nice hike. Very shaded. Not too slippery. Not too muddy.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

We entered through barricades and fences stating falling rocks. Hike at your own risk. Great hike...except we couldn't find the likeke waterfall. Take someone with you who has been there before. We enjoyed walking the old paved road. It was muddy was once we got on the trail. Take bug spray!!! Also, the Pali lookout at the beginning of the hike is beautiful.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pretty awesome trail run. started at Pali lookout and ran a little past the maulawili split. About 6.33 miles round trip 1hour 50min. on Garmin 610.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Easy hike. Started from the Pali Lookout. Will do it again in the near future!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Hike is completely closed off. There was an apparent rockslide. Unless you're willing to bypass the gate that was out up and climb over the pile of rocks go for it. We had kids with us, the only reason we didn't continue on with the hike.

Monday, September 12, 2016

This was a fun hike! Pretty steep and bring mosquito spray!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

this trail is closed due to rock slide- I was just there today. the park ranger have no indication that it would be corrected anytime soon.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Fun! 1st attempt me and my friends had to turn back because it was pouring buckets and the road turned into a flood up to our knees. Not safe, we also had a young boy with us. 2nd time completed 10/31/15 a while ago. Pretty waterfall nice workout!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

beautiful walk with awesome views. the old pali road is very neat

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Parked at Pali Lookout, trail is closed due to rock slide. Is there another way to get in on the trail.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

a very easy hike, this is not part of the Pali notches trail.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Nice easy hike for the family. We have always started at the Pali lookout and then go under the Pali highway to link up to another trail. My husband has taken the trail with his friends all the way to Muanawili a 12 mile hike.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

This was a fun bike ride but tough since it was up hill and pretty wet. Not to mention having to take our bikes under the Pali Hwy and up a wooden ladder. You can connect to the Maunawili Trail from here. Beautiful views from the Old Pali lookout and you can keep going to the Pali Lookout currently used as well.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

SOOOO MUDDY, be very careful when doing this hike, a lot of narrow paths. Getting to the waterfall and relaxing is always the best part.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Beautiful easy hike. The trail is very clear so you can't get lost. It can be very muddy m, though, so wear proper footwear.

Friday, October 02, 2015

This was a great hike. We followed the directions in Oahu Revealed, and used Stuart Ball's book as a reference. We had a lot of rain so the trail had some slick areas. There was a recent land slide with a couple of trees down shortly after leaving Auloa-Ki'ona'ole road and climbing the stone steps. Once getting past the tree it wasn't long before getting to the path that crosses this one at the top of the ridge. Make sure to continue straight. The other tricky spot was identifying the spur trail to the waterfall. We passed a spur trail on the left that led no where. The correct trail looked like a Y, but we could hear the waterfall so tried it. It was more than 100 yards to the fall, but it was amazing. I saw more varied fruit trees, blooming flowers and birds than on any hike I've done in Hawaii.