Mo'ole Valley Falls Trail

Mo'ole Valley Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

No facilities. Park on side of Pail highway

I didn’t like this hike for a couple of reasons. There’s no clear path in the beginning so we spent (wasted) time trying to find our way to the path...then we missed the tunnel completely which was actually great but made the trail longer I think. We got a view of valley we wouldn’t have had otherwise so that was nice...The waterfalls were what makes this hike not a lost cause...they are beautiful of course! We meant to see 2 but ended up tracking to a 3rd, erroneously and it was pretty sketchy...mush ground with leaves at an angle wasn’t for a very safe hiking section...long way back and we found the tunnel on our way out...it definitely saved time but it was upnto our ankles in water and mud mush...I don’t even want to think about the disgustingness lurking in that water...then trying to get out at the end was frustrating! Just like trying to find he Trail, we had a really hard time getting out...

This has become one of my favorite trails for taking friends and family. Once you get inside the gate it is a little difficult trying to pick up the trail. You may find it hard to locate the entrance to the tunnel. Use your GPS to get to its location using the chart provided by this app. Once through the Tunnel, make sure you proceed to the second waterfall which is the best.

this was a great hike for my wife and I that we did in the rain. as far as muddy, it wasn't as bad as people said, just wet cause the rain. in spite of some reviews, the incline was mellow, and there was a lot of roots but as long as your paying attention it's fine. we stopped at waterfall #2 because it was so spectacular, it was only about 1 mile out. then headed back. the overall ambiance, peaceful birdies, and cool trees made it all worth it. ☺

Cop was watching the place but didn't care when I asked him if I could cross the street to find the trail. Not to hard to find the path you need to take but the hike itself is just to miserable. Hard hikes are the best but this one is an insanely slow pace because of all the vines, trees, bushes and shrubs blocking the path. Also spend more time swatting away mosquitoes and picking spider webs off your face and legs then actual looking around at the beauty. Add in the deep mud and you have a hike that just isn't worth the issues that plague it.

My favorite waterfall hike on the island. Not that hard, just hard to locate at the beginning and stay on the path. Bring a flashlight if you go they the tunnel. Once they the tunnel, there will be a bunch of waterfalls spaced out about 10-20 mins apart. Super amazing area!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

This was quite possibly the worst trail I have ever done! A complete waste of my day trying to navigate the trail. Aside from the ghetto gate we had to enter on the other side of a major highway. And the pink trail markers that seemed to be just every where as if trying to confuse hikers in the worst way. It was a mosquito nightmare and just the worst hike ever! Don't waste your time .

Monday, August 08, 2016