Mo'ole Valley Falls Trail

Mo'ole Valley Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

No facilities. Park on side of Pail highway

this was a great hike for my wife and I that we did in the rain. as far as muddy, it wasn't as bad as people said, just wet cause the rain. in spite of some reviews, the incline was mellow, and there was a lot of roots but as long as your paying attention it's fine. we stopped at waterfall #2 because it was so spectacular, it was only about 1 mile out. then headed back. the overall ambiance, peaceful birdies, and cool trees made it all worth it. ☺

Cop was watching the place but didn't care when I asked him if I could cross the street to find the trail. Not to hard to find the path you need to take but the hike itself is just to miserable. Hard hikes are the best but this one is an insanely slow pace because of all the vines, trees, bushes and shrubs blocking the path. Also spend more time swatting away mosquitoes and picking spider webs off your face and legs then actual looking around at the beauty. Add in the deep mud and you have a hike that just isn't worth the issues that plague it.

My favorite waterfall hike on the island. Not that hard, just hard to locate at the beginning and stay on the path. Bring a flashlight if you go they the tunnel. Once they the tunnel, there will be a bunch of waterfalls spaced out about 10-20 mins apart. Super amazing area!

This was quite possibly the worst trail I have ever done! A complete waste of my day trying to navigate the trail. Aside from the ghetto gate we had to enter on the other side of a major highway. And the pink trail markers that seemed to be just every where as if trying to confuse hikers in the worst way. It was a mosquito nightmare and just the worst hike ever! Don't waste your time .

Monday, August 08, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016

This was a great hike to attempt! Go early so you have lots of time. We went too late and only found 2 because we went the wrong way for #3, and it got too late. If you do not go through the tunnel, the hike around it opens you up to an incredible point of surrounding beauty. That was my favorite part of this hike! We need to go back and find all of them!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

We climbed passed #7 and found all 10. Be careful, very slippery!

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I wouldn't rate this as an easy hike. Park at the gravel lot off Pali Hwy. at the same entrance as Lulumahu Falls Cross it to the other side (be careful upon returning from our hike a cop greeted us in the lot and gave us a stern warning for trespassing and jay walking with a fine of $165.) once across go through the gate. It is really easy to get lost here. Go straight in and find the largest trail more to your left with pink ribbons and also wide yellow duct tape. There are many trails used and marked by hunters. Once you find this trail stay on it. After an hour you will come to the tunnel. You can go through the tunnel (following pink ties) but bring a flashlight and be prepared to sink into the mud and water. You can also go over by following the large yellow tape. Our group split and did both on the way out. After emerging you can follow this trail to the 7-10 "ish" falls depending on water flow. Be prepared to climb steep inclines with falling rock. At several places there are ropes to help with this. It took us 5 hours to complete this hike with minimum stopping. Not the best falls but very remote and quiet. We didn't see a single person.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

It is a great hike, but you can easily get lost since many hunters have set up pink ribbons everywhere so there is no actual trail marker. Once you know the way it's easy. There are 7 waterfalls, #2 being the greatest of them all. A good hike I would consider intermediate due to the high volume of slippery rocks, thin trails, and a bit of small climbing. Wear good shoes with traction, you will get very wet, spikes are very helpful