Moloaa Bay [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Moloaa Bay [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Anahola, Hawaii and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

beach

private property

Horrible, there were shards of glass all in the sand. There was trash and debris covering a portion of the sand. Torn clothing hung from the tree branches. I think the homeless might be living there.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My husband and I stayed at a beach house on Moloa'a Bay and decided to try out this trail. It had magnificent views, but was sad to see the barbed wire, fencing, and "No Trespassing" signs at the end of the trail. We sat on the rocks at the end of the trail and enjoyed our surroundings. I had read that this trail used to go from Moloa'a Bay to Larsen's Beach and was a trail used by native Hawai'ians either used as fishing trails and/or land trails between villages. Apparently there is some dispute between the land owner and the state. Land owner "moved" the trail and are making accusations that they have been having issues with trespassers, on the other hand, according to law, there should be a 40 foot barrier between public land and native trails. It did look like some scandalous trail wrapped around the barbed wire fencing, perhaps continuing to Larsen's beach, but it looked a bit risky so my husband and I turned around and took the trail back to Moloa'a Bay. Regardless of whatever is going on, this trail was beautiful! I hope in the future the trail will be open all the way to Moloaa Bay and Larsen's Beach.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Easy hike with some great coastline views. Be careful and watch your step in a couple of sections as you are close to the edge. Saw several sea turtles.