Moleka and Ualakaa Trails

Moleka and Ualakaa Trails is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Solid trail for families, but prepare to get a little muddy...kids like that anyway.

Nice and easy with the kids (11 and 6)

Good training area and near several parking lots

pretty views, secluded, and really nice for a quick hike

Hiked it barefoot. Would be great nature trail run with shoes on.

This was a pretty nice hike. We did both trails. I would say they are on the easy side. Moleka was very muddy in spots, especially towards the end. The only issue is that after you finish this trail it ends at the road. That means you either have to turn around and hike back the way you came or walk the road back to the lot in which you parked. The scenery was pretty (especially the trees) with some beautiful Birds of Paradise mixed in. I would do it again because there are other trails mixed in with these.

Nice easy hike. We enjoyed it. My 6 and 3 year old did very good and liked the hike.

There are many trails through this area. take your time and enjoy the bamboo forest and if you explore far enough, you'll make it to the tower. bring plenty of water.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Really short fun hike. A lot of plants to look at :)

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Easy hike that connects to multiple trails. Park at Ualakaa State Park.

Friday, June 09, 2017

the bamboo forest Moleka side is gorgeous and worth the whole trip

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Great hike to do with the little ones. it really helps when its shaded. I want to bring my mom squad here and make sure you bring lots of bug spray.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Decent. Easy stroll. Nice place to walk and talk.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

We did the entire loop, 3 miles. Its somewhat easy/moderate and we took our little Yorkie which she help up like a champ. This hike is just beautiful!
We went pretty early, started at 6:45am finished at 9:30, if you go during the day I would suggest bringing bug spray. Thumbs up to this hike!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

This was a great little hike! My boyfriend and I weren't finished after doing Diamond Head and just happened upon this little gem. We started at the trailhead right off the road and ran into a local who told us how many options we had when it came to the trails in this area. There are tons! Sadly, since we're here on vacation we won't be able to explore them all. I definitely recommend checking this area out, though. Easy hiking and lots of beautiful, exotic plants that we aren't used to seeing in the PNW. The trail itself was a little muddy, but in no way unwalkable. If we make it back to Oahu next winter, we're going to hike this area again!

Mahalo!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Started from Pu'u Ualakaa State Park up Round Top Drive. I took my inexperienced hikers as a way of introducing them to trail walking and they loved it. Large trees canopy the path in some areas. You'll see bamboos, macadamia nut trees, ginger plants, mountain apples and avocado trees. Trail might be muddy at some areas but for the most part, the trail is easy with low danger.