Moleka and Ualakaa Trails

Moleka and Ualakaa Trails is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really short fun hike. A lot of plants to look at :)

Easy hike that connects to multiple trails. Park at Ualakaa State Park.

the bamboo forest Moleka side is gorgeous and worth the whole trip

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Great hike to do with the little ones. it really helps when its shaded. I want to bring my mom squad here and make sure you bring lots of bug spray.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Decent. Easy stroll. Nice place to walk and talk.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

We did the entire loop, 3 miles. Its somewhat easy/moderate and we took our little Yorkie which she help up like a champ. This hike is just beautiful!
We went pretty early, started at 6:45am finished at 9:30, if you go during the day I would suggest bringing bug spray. Thumbs up to this hike!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

This was a great little hike! My boyfriend and I weren't finished after doing Diamond Head and just happened upon this little gem. We started at the trailhead right off the road and ran into a local who told us how many options we had when it came to the trails in this area. There are tons! Sadly, since we're here on vacation we won't be able to explore them all. I definitely recommend checking this area out, though. Easy hiking and lots of beautiful, exotic plants that we aren't used to seeing in the PNW. The trail itself was a little muddy, but in no way unwalkable. If we make it back to Oahu next winter, we're going to hike this area again!

Mahalo!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Started from Pu'u Ualakaa State Park up Round Top Drive. I took my inexperienced hikers as a way of introducing them to trail walking and they loved it. Large trees canopy the path in some areas. You'll see bamboos, macadamia nut trees, ginger plants, mountain apples and avocado trees. Trail might be muddy at some areas but for the most part, the trail is easy with low danger.