Mokoli'i Island Trail

Mokoli'i Island Trail is a 0.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

surfing

beach

cave

We all rented kayaks to get to Chinaman’s Hat. Super fun day! My 6 came with us and hiked up to the top too! We ate our lunch here and hung out for a bit. We could see a monk seal swimming around and a few turtles while we were at the top. Beautiful and perfect weather.

Amazing views! The UH Swim Team had their beach practice and swam around the island and hiked up. Loved the rock climbing / bouldering at the top. Did it barefoot but recommend some sort of shoes.

I have lived on the island for almost 2 years, and kayaking/hiking Chinaman's Hat is probably the most fun I have ever had here. Park at Kualoa Regional Park and launch your kayak off from the beach there. To enter the island paddle all the way to the left, and then let the waves push you back in to the rocky cove. You can bring your kayak up fairly easy from there.

There isn't really a clear trail to the summit, but your best bet may be to start at the front right side of the island. There is some light bouldering to pull yourself up to the top. This hike should be rated as moderate/hard rather than easy ... if you are a fairly experienced adventurer you should be fine. Enjoy the 360 view!

Awesome views!
Kayaked over to the island then climbed up. Did it in slippers, wish I had shoes because you literally were climbing. But we managed :)

Really fun, love the bouldering, the trail to hike up to the top has a short area of grassy path which was annoying after kayaking to the island......206 feet to the top.....yeah!

Beautiful and fun hike But if your going to the top it is definitely not kid friendly. Involved some rock climbing that would not be safe at all for kids. If you go to the left there is a cool little beach area that is much better for kids to hike to.

sea kayaking

I have donr this hike about 6 times now! so great!

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Hiked up in water shoes.... Amazing view

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

geocaching
Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Absolutely stunning view. A quick kayak paddle and then a short hike to the top. We did it in our flip flops without trouble.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Great hike/swim/climb and experience. Easy to get out to it. Go around low tide. We walked but you could also snorkel, paddle board, kayak, swim etc. nice climb up with some slightly harrowing moments to get to the top. View is simply beautiful though and worth it.

geocaching
Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Amazing! My favorite hike I have done on the island! People are really uneducated about doing this hike. We were coming back from the island and this group of kids were trying to cross without any boards, kayaks or floatations and it was almost high tide. I had a boogie board and I have 5' 3" and the water was waists high going out and chest deep on me coming back. I definitely recommend brings some kind of hiking or surf shoe because the way I went up was straight rock climbing. It was such a rush, I didn't want to come down from the top. It was fantastic. Just be sure to check the tides, give yourself plenty of time and go with friends because this hike is pretty difficult and if you slip and hurt yourself without anyone else around, you are kind of screwed.

Friday, May 08, 2015

After a quick climb amazing view!

Saturday, January 17, 2015