Moanalua Valley Trail to the Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

Moanalua Valley Trail to the Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven) is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

PLEASE NOTE: The act of being ON the Haiku stairs at any point along the route is trespassing on government property. Violators/trespassers are SUBJECT TO $1000 FINES, COMMUNITY SERVICE, BENCH WARRANTS, AND/OR ARREST. If you receive a citation you will be required to appear in court. The ONLY way to LEGALLY hike TO the Haiku Stairs (Stairway to Heaven) starts at the Moanalua Valley Road trail and proceeds to shoot off to the left at about 2.5 miles. Though it is by far the easiest way up, it still has some sections of near vertical, rope and muddy sections. Use caution when hiking as this is a steep and sometimes muddy hike that has had injuries and fatalities. Hikers MUST be mindful of neighborhood residents who live in this area. Noise complaints, parking violations and exiting the trail via residential properties will result in a fine.

Really nice alternative to reach the Haiku stairs if like us you are afraid to hop fences and risk getting fined.

First half of the trail is flat and not that enjoyable, but as soon as it starts going up, the view and trail is amazing. Many ridges, but if you're being careful, everything should be fine.

Aloha! I do various hikes and photos on Oahu. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.karas and message/follow me if interested! I can also be reached at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com

please contact to me paulinakedzierska@poczta.onet.pl

hi i looking for people who would like to go to this trail 19 or 20 th of september

I will be on this trail at 17th-18th. If someone want go with US( 2 people) write 1-2242019797.

anyone wants to join tomorrow at 4am. we are three students from Switzerland. write an email: erin.imthurn@gmail.com or text me on whatsapp: 0041791971779

Awesome!

Looking to do this hike with my boyfriend around September 12-15.. any other people want to join? email me camilambeltrame@hotmail.com

Anyone want to do this hike or any others text me 6198825314.