Moanalua Valley Trail to the Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

Moanalua Valley Trail to the Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven) is a 9.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

PLEASE NOTE: The act of being ON the Haiku stairs at any point along the route is trespassing on government property. Violators/trespassers are SUBJECT TO $1000 FINES, COMMUNITY SERVICE, BENCH WARRANTS, AND/OR ARREST. If you receive a citation you will be required to appear in court. The ONLY way to LEGALLY hike TO the Haiku Stairs (Stairway to Heaven) starts at the Moanalua Valley Road trail and proceeds to shoot off to the left at about 2.5 miles. Though it is by far the easiest way up, it still has some sections of near vertical, rope and muddy sections. Use caution when hiking as this is a steep and sometimes muddy hike that has had injuries and fatalities. Hikers MUST be mindful of neighborhood residents who live in this area. Noise complaints, parking violations and exiting the trail via residential properties will result in a fine.

Aloha! I do various guided hikes with photos on Oahu. I hike often/weekly. Hiked last weekend, heading out again this Saturday too. Feel free to check out some examples of photos on my instagram @mike.karas. You can message me there or at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

Aloha! I do various guided hikes and photos on Oahu. Hiked last weekend, likely hiking again this weekend. Trail is open on the weekends. They are doing path/road construction on weekdays until Jan 19th. Feel free to check out my instagram @mike.karas. You can message me there or @mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

I went to the trail and there was a sign stating that the trail is closed from 7am - 330pm until 19 Jan for construction.

heading up tomorrow morning with a friend! if anyone wants to join text me !
Tuesday Dec 5th

edit: amazing hike! a must do!!

message me on Instagram
@sterlinghasit

Aloha! I do various guided hikes and photos on Oahu. Hiked last weekend, likely hiking this weekend. Feel free to check out my instagram @mike.karas. You can message me there or @mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

Anyone planning on going December 9th or 10th? Please e-mail me at Annzib17@aol.com or message me on Instagram annzib9

looking at doing this hike sometime next week, preferably Monday (4th Dec) seeing the weather is looking nice or Thursday (7th) and am looking for someone to do it with for safety and company. Please email me if interested.

hughrobertsonn@hotmail.com

Cheers Hugh

Heading to Hawaii for first time Sunday and gonna do this hike super early Tuesday Dec 5 at 5am if anybody wants to cruise up...pole bowls and a beer after I got the beers if anybody wants to go...just hope to make that left turn

parra1391362@yahoo.com

Looking at doing this nov 30th or dec 1st early morning with my girlfriend, if anyone wants to meet up dm me on insta @owennadeau

Aloha! I do various guided hikes and photos on Oahu. Feel free to check out my instagram @mike.karas. You can message me there or @mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

I’m trying to go up 11/24 or 11/25 before I leave and Id prefer to not do it alone if anyone would like a hiking partner! dm me at chase_acc