Photos of Maunawili Trail from Pali Overlook

Point to Point

partially paved

bridge out

8.3 Miles ....I think not in fact I know not. This hike out and back worked out to 21.98 miles so lets just round that out to 22 miles and call it 11 miles each way.

I started this one from the Pali Overlook. The first leg out the weather was great and so was the hiking, it took about 5 hours to complete the one way hike.

This hike is a great hike for all skill levels wet or dry. For those novice hikers who want to work on their endurance this one is a great hike to do. This hike also presents a wide verity of challenges, there are trees to climb over, trees to duck and craw under, lots of rocks to navigate around, dry streams to work your way through, rock slides to climb over, narrow parts of the trail to walk, lots of up and down to work on and there is even one cliff/ledge to walk across.

For those intermediate and advanced hikers I highly recommend the out and back. It took me 10 Hours and 5 Minutes to complete the round trip. It was clear sky's when I headed out on the hike and it was easy going all the way to the other end. When I started the trip back it started to rain and rained all the way back to the top of the Pali.

The trip back presented a lot more challenges, lots of mud, the trail got very slick and slippery, crossing streams became a challenge as you can imagine the rocks were very slick, climbing over fallen trees and crawling under some fallen trees became a very muddy event but over all thoroughly enjoyed this hike and would recommend it to everyone.

Take lots of water and snacks especially if you are doing the out and back. If you do not want to get wet I would recommend that you take along a rain suite, both top and bottoms and one last thing I would recommend is a good pair of hikers with good grips.

I would just like to add a thank you to AllTrails for updating this one to reflect the increased distance.