Manoa Falls Trail

Manoa Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short hike to the base of Manoa Falls in the Manoa Valley in Honolulu, Oahu, the Manoa Falls Trail winds through a lush Hawaiian tropical rainforest filled with movie scene locations from Jurassic Park and LOST. The trail can be quite muddy, so proper closed toe footwear is recommended. Unfortunately, swimming is not allowed in the pool at the base of the waterfall but the views alone justify this easy hike. This area receives significant rainfall so check the weather before going to avoid flash floods. The trailhead is a short drive from downtown Honolulu and can be accessed at the end of Manoa Road.There is a $5 fee to park. Visitors might also be interested in the nearby Lyon Arboretum and Botanical Garden which preserves endangered Hawaiian plant species.

Enjoyed this hike was only about 45 min hike to the top about 0.8 miles one way. So many beautiful views and trees to see. The waterfall was amazing. We arrived at 7:35am and it wasn’t crowded at all at the waterfall. When we came back from the hike we paid 5$ for parking. Then walked to the Lyon arboretum another amazing hike with another waterfall!

So we started the trail around 930-10 and we got there just in time. Going up was easy and smooth, only had to stop for 2-3 people at a time, but once we got to the waterfall is was packed. There were multiple people going past the “do not go past this sign” sign, like way past it, so it was a little chaotic. We didn’t stay very long because of the crowd, and on the way back down it was starting to get busy so we had to wait for multiple groups. Love it because it’s beautiful, and easy but very high trafficked.
If you’re uncoordinated like me, i think walking sticks would help. Even if it was a little more wet than today, I’d recommend shoes with a good grip.

Definitely muddy around a lot of rain periods. Well maintained and nice for a walk that’s not too difficult. Only downside is I️t is starting to get pretty crowded. The last few times I’ve been there’s been a lot of tour groups and people on the trail. Makes I️t hard to enjoy the waterfall at the top!

An easy hike. It’s a little muddy and crowded with people.

Quick and easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end

The trail is not that bad with the exception of mud. just be mindful of foot placement when it has been an on and off rainy week. The view at the waterfall is definitely worth the hike. I found free parking in the neighborhood about 0.5 to 0.7 miles from the entrance of the trail.

Muddy but beautiful and easy jungle hike

Nice, easy hike, amazing jungle views with a gorgeous waterfall at the end.

The falls were nice but the hike was too short. It was a short, muddy hike just to look at a waterfall that is blocked off. you could cross the line and go to the water but it's not much. it's heavily trafficked near the falls and is hard to enjoy.

The storm made this hike incredible. The waterfall nearly blew me off the trail.

Although marked “easy” I felt it was a pretty vigorous walk. A good climb. It was pretty muddy but was raining. It is really worth the while.

solid family hike for all ages.

Great little hike! Very pretty. After a little rain the fall are flowing nicely.

it cost $5 to park, but that's really not that bad. The trail takes you right up to the waterfall, and passes by some beautiful scenery along the way. I recommend wearing hiking boots; there are a lot of bare roots and eroded steps. It can also get muddy. I didn't see any really dangerous areas where you could slip and fall over the edge, but I think it would be easy to roll your ankle. overall, I think the trail is commercialized with a lot of tourists visiting so if you are a serious hiker, I would go elsewhere.

Super easy hike, took me roughly 45mins. Hiking boots not necessary

It’s a great hike for what it is. It will be crowded, it is pretty easy. The waterfall is cool but you aren’t supposed to get near it. There are far better waterfall hikes on the island but if you want something simple and don’t mind a ton of people. Go for it. I’d do it again but only if I had a friend who really wanted to go. Would not go back for myself though.

Would call this more of a walk than a hike, one definitely for the family and different abilities :)
We took some really beautiful photos here, and the waterfall at the end is great! Definitely worth a visit and doesn’t take up too much of your time. It rained when we was there which made some parts a tiny bit slippery but wear trainers and you’ll be absolutely fine :)

Relatively easy and rewarding

Easy hike. I took my 3yo with me. The florest is awesome but when we got the waterfall i felt little bit disappointed. Go early, the trail parking lot costs $5 and gets full fast, they open at 8am.

Super easy family hike or for super beginners. The forrest itself is pretty awesome. And def wear shoes, it gets hella muddy.