Makaha Trail

Makaha Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waianae, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

surfing

beach

Good views I liked it

nice hike out along the shore. not up the hill which is fine since the last bit was carrying my three year old.

Hiked this with another family, between us we had 5 kids who hiked the whole way and two 1 year olds who were carried most of the way. The rock climbing was a bit tricky at parts but definitely doable, my 3 year old rarely needed a helping hand and was actually more fearful of the crashing waves than the rock climbing. We started by heading to the left when approaching, climbing up the side a bit and then descending down and around to the other side. This hike should be a loop! It was awesome, great views. There were a couple homeless camps set up so be respectful as you traverse through and HAVE FUN!

For someone looking for a hike, this is NOT a hiking trail. I got my satisfaction by walking 45 minutes to Kea'au. When I got there, the "trail" is a driveway to the parking lot. Kea'au is basically a scenic resting stop and park on a beachfront. Waves are big and beautiful. Beware. The closer you go to the water while in the grass, the swampier the grass becomes in certain areas, due to random ginormous waves. Great place to park and picnic.

It says that this trail is kids friendly but it's pretty dangerous for toddlers. Plus I was baby wearing and it was close to impossible getting up there. Other than being a bit dangerous for kids, its an easy trail. A bit hard to get to if you don't know where you're going though. If you turn on lahilahi circle, you will see a drive way with a chain across, that's the beginning of the trail.

Great easy trail got up the in just 10 minutes awesome view