Makaha Trail

Makaha Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waianae, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

surfing

beach

Short and fun rock climbing. Have a great view to the beach.

very very fun hike with a fun climb up the rocks. Has amazing beach views

Nice beach trail, the climb was really fun and the views amazing.

The flat part of the path it’s very easy but when you start climbing the mountain it gets rough near the top and you end up doing a lot of rock scaling . we did not get to the top as we were worried about coming down and slipping, so we got 3/4 up.

Easy hike. 2nd time with the family. Check out the video on YouTube at GREEN BERET UNLIMITED.

Really easy and beautiful view

rock climbing

One part of the hike is straight up a rock wall. But I haven't climbed anything before and got up it..

The view is amazing and it’s definitely a climb. I wouldn’t bring younger kids because the trial does involve rock climbing. There’s quite a bit of trash and homeless at the bottom. The homeless people didn’t bother us at all though.

Not as dog friendly as I expected. A few homeless people kinda politely asked us to not be there with our kids.

Wouldn't recommend.

Not an easy hike. The entrance is not marked. Some pretty views. Mostly rocky steep steps with sand with occasional views of three ocean. Other people ascended to the top but that is not part of this trail. It is a moderate trail, not easy.

Friday, July 28, 2017

It is a very beautiful place. Worth visiting. Beautiful beach.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Short and sweet hike little hike. That little rock is known as Mauna Lahilahi and is definitely worth a climb. It's probably the only hike on this island that includes rock climbing but can be considered an easy hike. Once you summit, you are treated with amazing views of the Waianae Range and the western coast.

For more info on this hike, check out my blog post!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Beautiful views, unfortunately by the base there is a lot of garbage from homeless and tourists.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Getting to the summit is a lot of fun, some areas are basically rock-climbing, depending on the route you take. Can be a bit rough on the hands, given it is volcanic rock.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Good views I liked it

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

nice hike out along the shore. not up the hill which is fine since the last bit was carrying my three year old.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hiked this with another family, between us we had 5 kids who hiked the whole way and two 1 year olds who were carried most of the way. The rock climbing was a bit tricky at parts but definitely doable, my 3 year old rarely needed a helping hand and was actually more fearful of the crashing waves than the rock climbing. We started by heading to the left when approaching, climbing up the side a bit and then descending down and around to the other side. This hike should be a loop! It was awesome, great views. There were a couple homeless camps set up so be respectful as you traverse through and HAVE FUN!

Monday, November 14, 2016

For someone looking for a hike, this is NOT a hiking trail. I got my satisfaction by walking 45 minutes to Kea'au. When I got there, the "trail" is a driveway to the parking lot. Kea'au is basically a scenic resting stop and park on a beachfront. Waves are big and beautiful. Beware. The closer you go to the water while in the grass, the swampier the grass becomes in certain areas, due to random ginormous waves. Great place to park and picnic.

Friday, October 07, 2016

It says that this trail is kids friendly but it's pretty dangerous for toddlers. Plus I was baby wearing and it was close to impossible getting up there. Other than being a bit dangerous for kids, its an easy trail. A bit hard to get to if you don't know where you're going though. If you turn on lahilahi circle, you will see a drive way with a chain across, that's the beginning of the trail.

Sunday, July 17, 2016