Mahaulepu Beach to Kawelikoa Bay

Mahaulepu Beach to Kawelikoa Bay is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Koloa, Hawaii and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

beach

Sehr schöne Wanderung an der Küste. Das Ziel fand ich eher mittelmäßig. Grundsätzlich würde ich empfehlen die Wanderung früh morgens oder in den Nachmittagstunden zu machen. Da man hier sehr viel in der Sonne läuft. Insgesamt sind wir auf 13 km gekommen.

Great hike. Lovely views. Very hot and sunny.

my husband and I have been coming to Kauai since 2009 and we never skip hiking this beautiful coastal trail

We had a wonderful time on this walk/hike. I'd say it was more easy than moderate- but maybe I'm just too used to hikes in the Northeast. Great views! We also saw some people on horseback, which was pretty cool.

Super nice coastal walk but yes lots of water if your gonna do this hike.

take a lot of water (and don't hike it midday if you can help it), but this is an amazing hike along the coastline. If you go past Maha'ulepu/Gilin's beach (and house), you get to some pretty amazing cliffs/rock formation and a labyrinth for those who like those kind of things. I went past that as well to the end of the trail, marked by a barbed wire fence and that little beach/bay there is great, completely private, I was there all alone for 45 minutes or so. Great hike. It's not that difficult except that the trail isn't marked much (or at all in some places) but if you continue to walk in the right direction, eventually you find or make a path.

It was a very easy but good hike. We hiked to the caves and a few private beaches. We saw 6 turtles along the way. Only part we didn't really like was the walk through the golf course. We brought hammocks and took a nap on a private beach.