Lulumahu Falls Trail

Lulumahu Falls Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is NOT a super easy hike - wear good shoes and be ready for an adventure. The beautiful waterfall at the end makes it worth it!

1 minute ago

One of my favorite trails due to the waterfall at the end. I just wish it was marked a little better. I feel like I have taken a slightly different route each time I go.

Aloha! I do a lot of hikes and photos out here on the island. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.Karas and shoot me a message if you have any questions/are interested in hiking. You can email me as well at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

This is a short hike suitable for children. However, there are a number of side trails to explore the area.

Very poorly marked but if you stay along the stream you'll get there no problem

Awesome hike through a lush valley rainforest up to a beautiful waterfall. The trail is pretty well traveled and can even get a little bit crowded if you don't go early. At times it can be easy to lose your path but if you follow the ribbons on the trees you'll be just fine.

Good trail. Follow the creek /pink ribbons. Got up there during the rain. It was great.

One of my favorite hikes. Love the trail, bamboo and waterfall. My dog loved it too.

Great views in and out! Only reason it's not a 5 is that it is kind of short for our taste and a portion of the hike is super close to the highway/watershed road. Wear gear for slippery, muddy, trails. Follow pink ribbons and pack it in and out, there was some litter on the trail which kind of kills the experience.

Great hike! A little confusing to find a couple of the correct paths, but overall good. You can choose between an easy and a medium trail. We did medium into the falls and easy back out. Definitely dog friendly. No swimming at this waterfall. Recommend using mosquito repellant as we left with a few irritating bites.

Trail was pretty confusing! Lots of different ways to get to the falls, some much steeper than others

Beautiful waterfall. No going in the water here. Roped off due to rock slides. Too many people. Big groups of people bunched up turned sideways to let other big groups pass. Rained made trail like a small creek.

Good short hike!

An easy trail. Not very exciting. Lots of tourists. Falls are mediocre.