Lulumahu Falls Trail

Lulumahu Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is NOT a super easy hike - wear good shoes and be ready for an adventure. The beautiful waterfall at the end makes it worth it!

39 minutes ago

Amazing hike, love it!!!!

Not too many people around when my husband and I went, but the waterfall was really flowing due to rain from last week Friday, Saturday morning, and early this morning. Very awesome and muddy!

This was an interesting hike. Couldn't find the trail alltrails suggest to make it a loop. But we made it to the falls. We went on a rainy day, wasn't terribly muddy but glad I brought a dry pair of shoes to change into when back at the car. Did lots of stream crossing and we got lucky, we were the only ones at the waterfall for about 45 minutes. It's not a trail for a cardio workout, but it's pretty. There's also a sign at the trailhead where we started, that said dogs are not allowed, just fyi.

Worth the effort

Hello! I do hikes and photos out here on the island. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.Karas and shoot me a message if you have any questions/are interested in hiking. You can email me as well at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

Great hike. Offered a challenge getting up over and around rocks. A bit muddy today but not too hard. Dogs may find this a bit hard, but I saw others here with there dog. Water proof shoes are a plus so is a small towel and perhaps water shoes when you get to the falls for a dip. Lots of choose your own paths on this trip.

Not for beginners, in my opinion. Trail markers tough to find.