Lulumahu Falls Trail

Lulumahu Falls Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This is NOT a super easy hike - wear good shoes and be ready for an adventure. The beautiful waterfall at the end makes it worth it!

The trail I took was easy to get to one of waterfall. About 40 mins might have taken me longer if I wasn't following people which was still cruising pace. Then other hikers came from other trails and perhaps those trails is harder to other waterfalls. I would take my kids and my youngest is 3. I'm curious to come again and go to the other trail. There is pink markers on some of the tree and someone put red duck tape on some of the rocks.

1 hour ago

Great hike. Got a lost a few times. It's a little difficult to see the pink ribbons but it was well worth it!

This trail was a great adventure. The first half is easy and flat. The second half requires trekking through the forest and up rocks along the stream. We crossed the stream several times, followed red tape that marked the best way up to the falls. We took our 4 year old who slowed us down, but was able to do most of it on his own. There were a few points where one of us would have to climb ahead and then hand the kiddo off to each other.

Not a hike to do if there's rain. Definitely risk of flash flood.

went during rain so really muddy kind of slick.. would not wear flip flops.. multiple switchback across stream.. was almost waist deep in some areas.. would not take small children... moderate difficulty is about right.. great jungle trail feel..

Good hike, lots to see. Lots of people will be there when you get to the top.

Wasn't sure which entrance to take at first but the one right in the middle of the car park proved to be right. The bamboo forest was nice and the trail was a bit rocks and muddy at times. Climbing larger rocks is necessary too. The waterfall was great but there were quite a few people.

Loved, loved this hike....not incredibly long traversing the watershed and wow, what a waterfall - awesome. On the way back take a detour through the bamboo forest via the stairs down the hill across from the water tower - pretty interesting adventure that way especially if you find the ruins.