Koko Crater Arch Trail

Koko Crater Arch Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

beach

50 minutes ago

Challenging and awesome at the peak/arch, just wish it was a little longer...!!!

1 hour ago

Didn't go on top of the archway itself but when I was coming down from the Koko Head ridge trail I noticed the path that connects this trail up to the ridge trail. Gotta be on all fours to get up.

This by far was the most challenging hike I've ever been on. It's only a mile but took 3-4 hours to complete up and back. The steep incline over the arch is the most terrifying to come down. For the adventure seekers this will be a challenge! I will stick to the koko crater stairs which took less than an hour up & down!

Amazing short hike if you go when the sunrise and the sun is coming through the arch.

Easy fast hike great views

I love this hike. Nice and short and the views of the coast and the arch itself are amazing. Great place for a sunset as well! For more information about this hike, check out my blog post!

Awesome short hike, starts from the rocks across the street from the Halona Blowhole east of Honolulu [good place to park just above the beach]. It can be hot and windy as you are exposed all the way to the arch. The easier way to get under the arch is to hike around the left side while holding on to the rocks on your right. Most of the slope is covered with loose rocks and you will slip some. You can also go to the top in front of the arch and step to the right, but you need to be fairly tall to reach the handholds. Use common sense and caution, as a fall will cause an injury. The view is amazing and once you are under the arch, you have a nice place to sit and enjoy the breeze.

Amazing

One of my favorite hikes in Oahu. If you have time hike to the top of the crater. It is a nice technical scramble up. Also take the time to walk under the arch too. I recommend taking to the right of the arch. It is pretty cool climbing up the old lava tube to get under the arch!

Very short, yes, but you'll need 1-1.5 hours.

This is not for you if you're not sure footed, or you are afraid of heights. It's very steep and slippery with loose rocks.

It's not a sanctioned hike so go at your own risk.

Once you reach the base of the arch, you're faced with a pretty steep incline. The rock is dusty and crumbly, and sometimes it is hard to get good footing. There were a few times where I found myself thinking, "Welp, I'm bout to slip and slide down the mountain." But somehow, I managed to keep a grip. We also encountered a few small wasp nests going up the left side of the arch. Unless you are a coconut tree-climbing native braddah or sistah, who just got off work at the Polynesian Cultural Center, I'd bring good shoes. The right side was pretty challenging going up, but not as back going down.

Once there under the arch, on a hot day, the shade and breeze coming through the arch is just awesome. I haven't gone on top of the arch yet. First time I didn't have the balls. Second time it was too windy, and my pack was too heavy so... didn't have the balls lol.

Just because you hear about some dude going up in his rubber slippers, or you see pics on IG of girls barefoot in their bikinis, doesn't mean it's real. They probably hiked up with at least shoes. Maybe not clothes. Who knows.

quick and easy little hike