Kapaa to Ahihi Point

Kapaa to Ahihi Point is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Kapaa, Hawaii and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

beach

The trial is awesome if u rent bikes, pack a few snacks and start around 11am and spend the whole day riding along the coast. There are few secret most beautiful beaches to find where there is no access with vehicles. Once you get to the end make sure u keep goin coz that's where it get real good! Super small beach where no Human soul to be seen around. I recommend mountain bikes since u will have to go off road for a little while! Took us the whole day with few hrs stops at the beaches!
Enjoy!

It was a nice trail along the coast . Very flat , all paved bike / walking trail . Easy for all ages . My only wish is that it was longer

I loved how this trail hugs the coast and diverges from Kuhio highway after Kealia beach. I started at the Kapaa lookout, headed north about 2.5 miles at Kuna Bay before my return. There is a vine covered tunnel that links the highway to this trail at Kuna bay. There are many scenic picnic areas. My favorite was the one at the pineapple dump. Read the history on the plaques. I took a few photos and added them to my recorded track.

I tested an Osprey backpack and I am training for the Camino, so I was one of the few hikers on this trail, which is ideal for bicycles. Next time I'm in Kauai I will definitely rent a bike to be able to see the full 34 miles of this coast. Everything is well marked and there is a nice bathroom at Kealia beach.

Watch out for teenagers texting while riding bikes!