Kapaa to Ahihi Point

Kapaa to Ahihi Point is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Kapaa, Hawaii and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Not really a hiking trail but still a great walk beside the ocean. Just be careful of the bikers coming from behind. They will rarely let you know they’re coming, and the ocean and wind makes it hard to hear them.

Awsome jogging path. Ran the entire thing out and back. While watching the sun rise.

thought we would hike this trail but it's really not much for hiking, great for biking, running or strolling, plenty of folks out today, all ages. keep in mind that lots of people are renting bikes and don't know good biking protocol, so keep an eye out for them.

the views are great, all along the coast, intermittent beach access, no real coverage so it can get hot.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

The trial is awesome if u rent bikes, pack a few snacks and start around 11am and spend the whole day riding along the coast. There are few secret most beautiful beaches to find where there is no access with vehicles. Once you get to the end make sure u keep goin coz that's where it get real good! Super small beach where no Human soul to be seen around. I recommend mountain bikes since u will have to go off road for a little while! Took us the whole day with few hrs stops at the beaches!
Enjoy!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

It was a nice trail along the coast . Very flat , all paved bike / walking trail . Easy for all ages . My only wish is that it was longer

Monday, October 12, 2015

I loved how this trail hugs the coast and diverges from Kuhio highway after Kealia beach. I started at the Kapaa lookout, headed north about 2.5 miles at Kuna Bay before my return. There is a vine covered tunnel that links the highway to this trail at Kuna bay. There are many scenic picnic areas. My favorite was the one at the pineapple dump. Read the history on the plaques. I took a few photos and added them to my recorded track.

I tested an Osprey backpack and I am training for the Camino, so I was one of the few hikers on this trail, which is ideal for bicycles. Next time I'm in Kauai I will definitely rent a bike to be able to see the full 34 miles of this coast. Everything is well marked and there is a nice bathroom at Kealia beach.

Watch out for teenagers texting while riding bikes!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017