Kamilo Iki Ridge Trail

Kamilo Iki Ridge Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

This hike starts behind the Pahua Heiau that was built circa AD 1400. It traverses up the ridge through haole koa which then turns into a very open ridge hike with drops on both sides. It snakes up and down approximately 8-9 humps and eventually reaches the tree line. At the back of the ridge there is a switch back through the pine trees that then pops out onto the Koolau Summit Trail. Great views of Kamilo Iki and Nui Valleys stay with you all the way up. Once at the KST its a clear view of Waimanalo and Olomana all the way to Kualoa

Recommend pants. Loved the views!!!

Great hike! Hard to find the trail head. It's a little over grown. Once you get to the top, ca. 15 min hike up, the trail is pretty good. Took us a little over 2 hrs one way, and almost 2 hrs back. Took our time due to getting hot! Not a dangerous hike. You need to take lots of water!!!

Very good, not really difficult, except the begin, the road is not very clear but the view worth it.

When to the trail and the state put up a bunch of signs indicating it was now closed, home owner next door kindly told me to piss off

If I were to offer 1 piece of advice...it'd be to WEAR PANTS. The trail is so overgrown. My boyfriend and I both had shorts on and the brush was constantly scraping against our legs - it got to the point where it was too painful to continue (brush was getting even thicker) so we just turned around. HOWEVER, other than that, I really liked the trail a lot and it had awesome views!. I would like to do it again (but with pants this time! haha) :)

Awesome hike/climb! Great rewarding review at the end. iPhone health tracker said it was 5.8 miles not 2.5. Easy to find and parking in the neighborhood was easy and not an issue.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Pretty easy and quick ridge hike. No crazy drop offs anywhere. Got to the top in an hour. Great view of the east side up there. First 3/4 of it has no shade so, be prepped for that.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

We set off before the sun came up with only the light from our phones. Would definitely do this hike again, rewarding views.

Friday, February 05, 2016