Kamilo Iki Ridge Trail (PRIVATE PROPERTY)

Kamilo Iki Ridge Trail (PRIVATE PROPERTY) is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

This hike starts behind the Pahua Heiau that was built circa AD 1400. It traverses up the ridge through haole koa which then turns into a very open ridge hike with drops on both sides. It snakes up and down approximately 8-9 humps and eventually reaches the tree line. At the back of the ridge there is a switch back through the pine trees that then pops out onto the Koolau Summit Trail. Great views of Kamilo Iki and Nui Valleys stay with you all the way up. Once at the KST its a clear view of Waimanalo and Olomana all the way to Kualoa

Took us 2:43 to and back to the end of the trail. Very humid and hot. Trail full of red ants. Saw a bunch of people hiking up with backpacks. Looks like they are going camping.

I went up to the top and came down on Kamehame Dr. took 2+hours and just 5.5miles.

This was probably one of my least favorite hikes so far. It was terribly hot, dry and exposed, and this was even though I started my hike before 9 a.m.
Thank goodness it got prettier towards the top and you are rewarded with a great view, otherwise I would have been completely disappointed. But I still feel like there are just so many other better hikes on the island.
As another reviewer advised, please take plenty of water, I drank my whole 2 liters before I finished the hike.
Maybe I would try it again in cooler temps.

love this hike maybe cause it's the closest to my house! I go up in 40min~ and from there I do a KST crossover to any other hikes, normally go to makapuu ridge to hang out at alan davis or sandys... or go left and go down Waimanalo (TomTom) and go to Sherwood forest beach... Be respectful with neighbors, don't be loud, don't get inside the sacred heiau, go around it (left) and keep moving until you can't be seen. Really easy and short hike but if you are a beginner hiker or a slow one, bring water, and wear pants if you care about getting a few scratches.

Recommend pants. Loved the views!!!

Great hike! Hard to find the trail head. It's a little over grown. Once you get to the top, ca. 15 min hike up, the trail is pretty good. Took us a little over 2 hrs one way, and almost 2 hrs back. Took our time due to getting hot! Not a dangerous hike. You need to take lots of water!!!

Very good, not really difficult, except the begin, the road is not very clear but the view worth it.

When to the trail and the state put up a bunch of signs indicating it was now closed, home owner next door kindly told me to piss off

Sunday, November 13, 2016