Kalawahine Trail

Kalawahine Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Honolulu: From Makiki Heights Drive, go uphill on Tantalus Drive. When you get close to the top, just after going over a narrow bridge, look for the trailhead on the left. It will be adjacent to a private road, going uphill. Park in the parking area on the right just past the trailhead.

We got lost, but it was Ana absolutely gorgeous hike through a bamboo grove.

This was one of prettiest hikes I have done so far. It's pretty easy, but the trail keeps splitting up in different directions. I don't know what k2 people are talking about here. The part we did took about 2 hours and we could have taken our dog. Wasn't muddy that day either.

It was a nice trail, pretty easy heading towards pauoa trail. The climb up k2 is definitely a tough one me and my buddy werent able to make it to the top

Did some trail running, the Kalawahine trail by itself is only 1.3 miles long. What is being shown on the map is a combination of Kalawahine, half of Pauoa flats, and the climb to the top of K2. Be aware that i counted 4 downed trees on this trail yesterday, with 2 at a dangerous angle/could continue to slide down. Whenever the downed trees are taken care of, the trail should be considered easy with a caveat that it is frequently muddy and slippery most days.

Good views at the end and lots of trail connections.