Kalawahine Trail

Kalawahine Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Honolulu: From Makiki Heights Drive, go uphill on Tantalus Drive. When you get close to the top, just after going over a narrow bridge, look for the trailhead on the left. It will be adjacent to a private road, going uphill. Park in the parking area on the right just past the trailhead.

We got lost, but it was Ana absolutely gorgeous hike through a bamboo grove.

This was one of prettiest hikes I have done so far. It's pretty easy, but the trail keeps splitting up in different directions. I don't know what k2 people are talking about here. The part we did took about 2 hours and we could have taken our dog. Wasn't muddy that day either.

It was a nice trail, pretty easy heading towards pauoa trail. The climb up k2 is definitely a tough one me and my buddy werent able to make it to the top