Ka'ena Point Via Farrington Hwy

Ka'ena Point Via Farrington Hwy is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waianae, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

sea kayaking

surfing

beach

Wonderful! Loved this hike. It was even breezy on a chilly December day!! Flat and monk seal sighting!

Good running trail little rocky but great views. 6 miles round trip.

We went all the way up to the bunkers. Trail was dry and in pretty good condition. It gets pretty steep on your approach to the last bunker. Make sure you've got good shoes. NO flip flops. Take food and water. I wouldn't take kids to the top. We approached this hike from the north shore side. I really liked the hike up to the bunkers but did not care for the hike in from the parking. Its a couple miles of 4 wheel drive roads. its not a bad hike but at times jeeps are going though there so keep an eye out. Maybe its better to approach from the Waianae coast. Once you get to the iron fencing continue on the outside until you get close to the point. about 100 feet before the point the trail will lead up from the left. the view are really good

Incredible views. Make sure to bring enough water and sun protection.

not really a "hike" but a really nice walk. it can get very hot, plan to go in the morning. walk along the beach, great for kids or elderly. (I think) living here i don't plan to hike this trail is very boring but a great place to beach as well..

Beautiful hike. We stayed along the coast until we were in the Albatross Sanctuary. Than we missed the point by taking an inland path. We exited the Sanctuary and kept hiking. So we actually hiked both the north and south sides today.

My bf is giving a 4 star for the views, I give a 3 star rating because of the long, non challenging flat surface... at some point you can take a path along the ocean and feel the breeze (because its hot and you're exposed in the sun all along). Quiet & beautiful part of the island! Enjoy & keep it clean!

Pretty rocky early on I was glad I wore hiking boots. Took us 90 minutes to reach the point. Three hours round trip. I'm 58 wife is 57.

Fun hike take my kids on it a lot flat and easy few miles. If you get the season right you will be met by large numbers of albatross and other birds at the point.

Amazing views with monk seals and albatross

I personally think the west side is prettier, but they both take you to Kaena Point which is great

beautiful trail along the coast! loved hearing the constant roar of the waves hitting the shore. saw some shearwater chicks as well as a ton of albatross at the nature preserve on the point. the road / sand track you follow is muddy if it has rained recently.

Great hike. Go early to avoid the mid day heat. Stopped along the way to watch the two blowholes, and explore two caves up closer to the pillboxes.

Curious George shouldn't hike here......lots to see and meander off the path along the ocean. The albatross and monk seal sanctuary is a must see. enjoy!

The views are amazing, especially at the point. Bring lot's of water, it's full sun and very warm.

View of the birds, and also saw a monk seal sunbathing on the sand. At the end you can see Waianae.

A very easy hike, but amazing for what it offers. We enjoyed this much better than the South coast hike. The red dirt and terrain are gorgeous. There's plenty of room to weave in and out from the ocean path and road. It also provides a chance to see all of the local fisherman in process, and loads of albatross and a few seals at the end. Other hikers mentioned seeing whales, sadly, we did not see them.

Be on the lookout for whales off in the distance!

You'll want a hat, sunscreen and water on this hike!

Nice walk/run trail. Sunscreen and water is highly recommended.

This is a long, hot trail but the views were fun. Also saw a lot of sea life in the tide pools and whales in the distance.