Ka'ena Point Via Farrington Hwy

Ka'ena Point Via Farrington Hwy is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waianae, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, mountain biking, and surfing and is accessible year-round.

surfing

beach

A very easy hike, but amazing for what it offers. We enjoyed this much better than the South coast hike. The red dirt and terrain are gorgeous. There's plenty of room to weave in and out from the ocean path and road. It also provides a chance to see all of the local fisherman in process, and loads of albatross and a few seals at the end. Other hikers mentioned seeing whales, sadly, we did not see them.

Be on the lookout for whales off in the distance!

You'll want a hat, sunscreen and water on this hike!

Water looked awesome and saw a couple of monk seals chilling on the rocks. This trail has little shade so sunscreen and at least 1L of water is needed.

Nice walk/run trail. Sunscreen and water is highly recommended.

This is a long, hot trail but the views were fun. Also saw a lot of sea life in the tide pools and whales in the distance.

I didn't really go through it...because it's too muddy...the view actually is beautiful....but don't come after the rain

I prefer the other trail to the point, but enjoy doing this periodically. It's a hot trail!

Kinda boring, not much to see, not really hiking more like walking, really hot no shade.

We walked all the way with 10 yr old and my husband wore our 10 month old in a frame carrier. You'll need lots of water, reapply sunscreen, and we attached a neck fan on the frame carrier to keep my 10 month old cool. Very sunny and no shade. Saw a seal lying on the beach and the whales breaching. High traffic on the weekends.

We traveled along the truck path, it was muddy which caused us to take some shoreline detours but it wasn't too bad if you don't mind getting a little dirty. We saw Albatross and Monk Seals. Some even saw whales.

I'm a beginner hiker so it was pretty long for me but because it had no incline is was doable.

Very easy hike with amazing view. Saw few whales

It's more a long walk than a hike. The park at the end is beautiful. We saw a seal. And we brought our service dog in. The cop even said it was okay.

It's a bit muddy and the terrain is wavy so it's tough to keep a consistent pace. I tried to see if I could catch the sunset from the tip but needed another 30 min. Next time!

Amazing sights! I think the trail is about 6 miles total but we spent a lot of extra time hiking around the very point and ended up doing 8 miles. Sunscreen is a must because there is hardly any shade.. especially for the first 4 miles. We saw a lot of albatross, and Hawaiian sea monks. Keep distance from the animals, the worst thing is to see tourists using their selfie sticks 2 feet away from the marine life. Bring plenty of water, I finished my full camelback with 2 miles of trail left, one water bottle won't do.

Beautiful, but come prepared! It gets HOT. Wear a hat. Bring sunscreen, a snack, and an umbrella. Bring more water than you think you will need. A 20 oz bottle won't cut it. We brought 2L each, and even that was gone by the time we returned. Walk near the water to enjoy all of the views the hike has to offer. Watch for seals at the shore.

Easy stroll with the whole family