Ka'ena Point Trail (from South) is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waianae, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

paddle sports

beach

cave

bridge out

Be careful leaving valuables in your car - this is a high theft area!!!! Bathrooms located at the Waianae side, back up at the beach some mile east of Mokuleia's parking lot.

Me and my pal did it a while back on cross country bikes would definitely avoid that one section that had a sandy path to the look out tower we didn’t stand a chance in the sand. It was so how I had two water bottles and we ran out before half way go early avoid the sun wear proper attire cause it’s HOT

Wonderful hike, but it's more like a walk. No shades so it's better on a cloudy or cooler day. Be sure to put your sunscreen on, hats, shades, and plenty water is a must. We walked to the tip of the island, then we walked all the way to the North shore parking lot, and then we followed the metal fence back down to the Waianae side parking lot. We saw the ground nesting birds and seals at the tip.

Nice, easy walk flat trail with mud and rocks. Scenery is beautiful there were seals sunbathing and birds.

Good flat long trail for running or nature walk for the sea cliffs. Pay off is good if you like animals.

Did this trek on Saturday, 10/6. Flat trail with some serious mud holes. Jeep Wranglers and other 4WD vehicles were on the trail as well. The trail goes along the coast and the views are spectacular. Only one section where you had to go uphill because the trail/road had fallen into the sea.

One of my favorite trails on island. Gorgeous views of the mountains and ocean and lots of wildlife. You can see albatross at the end of the hike during mating season, and their babies a few months later. Usually an opportunity to see monk seals at the end, and in winter I have often seen whales breaching offshore around sunset.

Beautiful coastal and mountain views!! Easy hike.

Flat easy trail with amazing coastal views the entire way! Once you reach the point at the end there's a fence you pass and a sanctuary full of birds.

We parked at the beach near the trail road, I heard there have been break ins so keep your valuables on you.

Easy trail. Gets hot and a little crowded but nice views.

The most beautiful coastal view hike I’ve done so far! We saw a school of dolphins, it was so amazing! There’s lots of tide pools at the end that you can climb down the rocks and swim in. The trail was about 6 miles round trip and it took us about 3 hours with a few stops. The terrain is dirt and sand, low incline, just a few hills. Try to go earlier in the day when it’s not super hot like we did! Bring lots of water to drink and use sunblock!

This is a long walk but there are some very interesting views of the coast line and rock formations in the early part of the hie. The end point is this really neat animal sanctuary with TONS of birds that don't seem to mind you approaching closely. The trek back was during the sunset (leave about 45 mins for this part of the walk) and provided spectacular views the entire way home.

I was not prepared for this. I did no research before going and did not have the proper footwear. That said, it was amazing. We saw whales, seals, coral beaches, and great views. The beach at the start was moderately busy. We made it back to the beach by sunset and watched it on the beach. It was New Years Eve and the fireworks during the drive home were insane. Oahu takes their new years fireworks seriously.

Stunning views! Be prepared to endure the heat along this very scenic shoreline hike, because there is little of no shade. As you walk through the Ka’ena Point Area National Reserve beyond the stretch of sand dunes with birds nesting, you may encounter seals resting in one of the many shoreline pools. Besides packing a sufficient amount of water and a snack or two, you also may want to bring along your swimsuit, as you may need to cool off in one yourself before you head back. Easy hike if you can endure the heat.

We got a late start, so even with our water preparedness, we only hiked part of the route. The views we did see were pretty!

Side note: even though there appeared to be plenty of other tourists in the area we did feel somewhat uncomfortable leaving our rental car and belongings for a long period of time due to some shenanigans when we pulled into the park.

Easy and stunning ! Bring some water and I suggest to start before 11 o’clock because the sun hit hard!

Fun hike. Elevation doesn't change much. Definitely take water. Spotted monk seals and the nesting shearwater birds which was awesome! Oh and make sure you park at the appropriate place. I saw about 8 cars get tickets at the entrance of the Hike lol

Great hike. nice views, relatively flat. Monk seals are usually laying out by the point.

Amazing

Beautiful, flat/easy hike. I took my dog to the edge of the bird sanitary which was more than halfway. There was some glass off the trail where my dog cut herself so be careful .There were also lots of lovely tide pools, def brining my swimsuit next time! Dec bring water because there’s no shade

Monk seal. Birds. Epic beauty. Awesome ocean. Nuff said. Do it!

If you wanna to see seals-just do it! 3,5 hours total and you will never forget it! Make sure to wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses and hat. Don’t forget water, camera and have fun!

Pretty easy hike but very muddy if it’s rained. It was raining today but we still went and it was worth it. Definitely bring water, we forgot to and we’re dying lol

Absolutely beautiful! Flat hike with stunning views the entire way! Perfect hike for an overcast day! Please bring a bag with you and pick up a little trash along the way! Always leave a hike cleaner than you found it! I’ll def be back soon!

Beautiful hike to the point. The hike is along a flat, dirt road/trail, but you are exposed at all times. Remember your sunscreen and water. Enjoy!

Nice hike, flat all the way. No cardio. Beautiful view of the ocean & the rocky lava beach

Be sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen as it is exposed to the sun the entire way. Mostly flat but beautiful hike. We also saw a monk seal relaxing on the beach!

It’s a nice a nice walk ...if you need extra adventure, try heading up the mountain towards the pillboxes.

It was really flat and long but it is totally worth it!! The view is amazing!

Beautiful hike. There is no shade at all so it definitely gets hot I suggest to go early and bring lots of water! At the end you go into the bird sanctuary and at the end there are lots of tide pools. It’s gorgeous.

Awful! 3 break ins during daylight and one couple was only away for 30 mins! We ended up leaving after seeing the damage people were doing! Didn’t feel safe at all! The drive made us feel like we were in a 3rd world country is was so gross and run down!