Judd-Jackass Ginger Pool

Judd-Jackass Ginger Pool is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of my favorite little hikes to take my dogs. Would be perfect for families with small children (we see groups all the time). If you want to find the jackass ginger pool it is not immediately obvious. Two ways: when you reach the stream crossing before the bamboo forest, you can choose to keep to the stream and continue alongside and do a scramble until you reach the pool at the end (this takes more time but is less steep than the following). Your second choice is to take a right after crossing the stream into the bamboo forest and continue up the little rock climb to the main path and just listen to the river and keep looking towards your right. You will soon hear the waterfall (less than 1/4 mile) and see a "clearish" area to scramble down the hill to the pool.

Great hike. Last day on Hawaii and I'm finishing my vacation off on a great note. I was looking for a jungle like hike to do and took a chance on this trail. I was rewarded with a beautiful waterfall and equally as beautiful senory. Pretty easy hike. I did this hike with my family so it's definitely family friendly.

My dog loved this trail. Easy to follow signs though we never saw the swimming hole.

definitely one of the best kid friendly hikes we've done!

]

From other websites this looks like a great kids hike IF IT'S DRY!
In the mud it is kind of miserable.
There is supposed to be a swimming hole which sounds awesome on a dry day, however the trail wasn't well marked and we never found it.

Nothing special, normal walk among trees in the mud often.