Hilina Pali Trail

Hilina Pali Trail is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Hawaii National Park, Hawaii that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park P.O. Box 52 Hawaii National Park, HI 96718-0052 Visitor Information (808) 985-6000

We were skeptical about driving 9 miles to the lookout, but it is so worth it! We then hiked a little bit on the trail. Definitely one of the best views on the island. I highly recommend it

Sunday, June 15, 2014

We accomplished this hike on 6/14/14. I thought this was a great hike, perfect weather and the views are breathtaking. I am in pretty good shape so the altitude climb did not bother me, however my partner had a few struggles with the temp change and the climb back up. We'll worth the all day hike. We started at 2:30pm and completed the hike around 7:20 pm.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

One of few places in Hawaii where there is absolutely no one around for miles! Vast open space and very distant views in all directions. May be too lonely for some, but I personally relished the extreme serenity. Friend Cynthia waited for me at the end of the very rough c.13 mile loop, then (REALLY) enjoyed the great dinner at Volcano Lodge!