Hideaway Beach Trail

Hideaway Beach Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Princeville, Hawaii that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Short hike down to a spectacular Kauai beach near the Princeville St. Regis.

Beautiful snorkeling, crystal
Clear water. Suggest arriving early
Morning, pace yourself going down!

Amazing beach! Way too rough for snorkeling...at least the day we went, which was disappointing!

Hideaway Beach is great but the trail is very poorly maintained. Stakes sticking out of the ground, rusty old railing posts. Take your time when going down and you will be fine.

Beautiful beach and excellent snorkeling. Very cool channels that run out from the beach and some awesome drop offs. The hike down can be a bit sketchy so best to wear shoes that can grip or go barefoot. There are some ropes for assistance if needed. Parking is a problem with only 5 or 6 spots at the head of the trail. My favorite beach in the area.

Strenuous. Ranking this trail as 'intermediate' is an understatement. There are stairs with an old, broken, rusty railing for you to hold on to. Then a rope for you to hold on to the rest of the way down.

I did it in flip flops and able bodied people could easily do it too. But it really isn't kid friendly.

Oh and really amazing beach.

When we were here in 05, we had the luxury of staying at the condos right on top of this beach. So we spent several days down here, and had it to ourselves each time. No one else was ever there. Great snorkeling and such a nice private little beach. Sea turtles all over this area when snorkeling. It is steep for sure when descending down. There were ropes to hold onto when we were there, and you needed them!!

I thought it would be a pretty simple hike, and I was shocked to find that it was steep downhill towards the end.
The beach was gorgeous. I loved this hike, especially the burn it gave my legs.

I can't come to kauai and not come here! parking can be a hassle if your not staying in the area but worth it to me. this last time we climbed up and over onto the neighboring beach as it was slightly crowded.

Fun, adventurous trail. Go early, as it tends to get crowded around 10:00am

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Don't go. Ugly beach. Dangerous trail. Super crowded. Just the pits. Sorry to burst your bubble. Stay home.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This is a pretty awesome beach, I highly recommend checking this out if you are staying nearby. It isn't easily accessible, there are big steps and it can get narrow.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Easy enough.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

my favorite of my time in kauai. i arrived at 7am and the hike down was muddy and slick..just go slow. the beach and snorkeling were amazing.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Short but steep hike down to beach. Rope and rail assisted steep staircase cut from stand stone. Worth the effort.

Saturday, January 16, 2016