Hauula Loop Trail

Hauula Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hauula, Hawaii that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Hau`ula Loop Trail is located near Hau'ula, Hawaii. The trail is great for hiking or trail running and normally takes around an hour. This trail is probably the lesser used Na Ala Hele trails, and with lots of shade, it's a good one to do any time, any season.

OK hike. Not enough water for there to be a waterfall. Nice views

moderate hike.

Loved it! Lots of changes in vegetation. Beautiful views up valleys when you reached the ridgeline.

3.5 stars. I would rate this easy-moderate because of the mud and elevation change. First hike in Hawaii. I wish there was a better view of the ocean for a picture but we caught glimpses thru the trees. The songbirds were a delight. We parked at the ocean and walked up since there is no parking allowed near the trailhead. Practiced Leave No Trace by packing out other's trash

Loved the foliage diversity and views. And always love a trail that my dog can join me on!

Very peaceful hike. Did it with my 10 month old, baby wearing and my dachshund.

nasty mosquitoes at the start, but once you get above the river they lose interest. I love the varying landscape. great hike

Muddy in parts, but I did it in tennis shoes (though they ended up covered in mud). I'm usually a mosquito magnet but didn't have any spray and only got one bite. I went clockwise, beautiful views on the way down. Parts of the trail are covered with soft, springy pine needles that were great to hike on. I saw footsteps but didn't see anyone on the trail. Great birdsong and trees! Don't do this for the waterfalls (they're pretty small) but otherwise a very pretty hike.