Haiku Stairs [CLOSED/ PRIVATE PROPERTY]

HARD 1,103 reviews

Haiku Stairs [CLOSED/ PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Honolulu, Hawaii and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

closed

private property

NOTE: This trail is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC and violators/trespassers are SUBJECT TO $1000 FINES, COMMUNITY SERVICE, BENCH WARRANTS, AND/OR ARREST. If you receive a citation you will be required to appear in court. PLEASE NOTE: The act of being ON the stairs is ILLEGAL and trespassing on government property. A powerful storm passed over the island of Oahu on in 2015 which caused significant damage to the stairway itself, rendering it dangerous and unusable. Hikers MUST be mindful of neighborhood residents who live in this area. Noise complaints, parking violations and exiting the trail via residential properties will result in a fine. The ONLY LEGAL WAY to get to the TOP of the Haiku Stairs can be found here: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/hawaii/moanalua-valley-trail-to-the-haiku-stairs-stairway-to-heaven. Again, it is ILLEGAL to be on the HAIKU Stairs at any point along the route.

I've done this hike 167 times as of yesterday.

Here are 5 things you should know.

(1) It is the safest way to reach that elevation on Oahu.

Over the last 70+ years, no one has ever died falling on the stairs.

(2) There is a ton of trash at the top.

Bring a folded heavy-duty trash bag to help with that.

(3) Try another route - not through the neighborhood.

Think: when is the last time you woke up at 3am and whispered: "Honey I think there's someone outside the house!"

(4) EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION in the valley.

Contrary to uninformed speculation, public record shows police action occurs on average every day.

Your minimum fine is only $1,000 but the collateral damage in lawyers fees, community service, plane tickets, court visits, impact on your job, etc is MANY TIMES that.

You can not be overly-cautious.

(5) This is the real Hawaii

Perhaps because you have literally stepped in-to it 3,992 times, this place immerses you in magic. You feel your heart beat, the smell the jungle, you hear the birds, you see the divine landscape, the air is cooler and fresher up there.

Along the way, I discover each time anew what it means to be human and never get tired of it.

That's the crazy part. I have not gotten tired of it yet!

Aloha
@Hawaii_Mountain.Man.Matt

Just did this trail. The journey leading up to the actual stairs was a mission in itself, you will get lost if you don't know what you're doing, luckily we only spent 30 minutes until we found it. Best trail I've been on in my life

100$/person to the begining of stairs. message me @babys_world on Instagram for dates

Looking to do this for the first time on Tuesday 7/25/2017 if anyone who has done it before would be cool enough to lead the way- message me on iG @liabby08
-mahalo

The two of us are experienced climbers, this looks amazing but we're unsure about the route. If anyone's willing to give us some tips or come with, give me a shout! 503-473-9301
Here for the next week or so but July 28-30th would be ideal.

Amazing

Anyone, will go around September 4th-6th. Please contact me if you can, we are party two and looking for others go together.;-) sy787125268@gmail.com

Hi there,
I'll be visiting 7/20-23. Looking for fellow offenders to hike this trail with. If anyone's interested, hit me up vchinv@gmail.com

Take a rain jacket.

Amazing views and very good cardio.
Take a jumper with you, as it might be cold on the top.

I plan to be in Oahu August 31st to September 4/5 and looking for anyone else that want to team up and hike. Email me fkbellaire@gmail.com if you want to meet up! Amature here!

Hello
My GF and i would like to go hike this place.
we are in town for 9 days.
If one of you plan to go there, you can send me email: info@hypotheque-expert.com

For the others, where is the most safe place to start the hike? wich street?

Hi guys I will be on Oahu and available between August 2nd and August 9th for this hike. And I'm searching for someone, a group, or a guide to hike this with. Email me at daron_cam@yahoo.com if interested.

Looking to go with someone tomorrow morning 7/3! Message me on IG @voellocity

This trek never ceases to amaze me. I just did it for the third time and it's just as amazing as the first. Doing it again in the next week or so. Be polite to the guard and you'll be fine.