Friendship Gardens Trail

Friendship Gardens Trail is a 0.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A very secluded hike located in the back of a neighborhood in Kaneohe. It is a very peaceful walk in the woods, with some beautiful flowers and bamboo. If you follow the trail all the way to it's end, you will reach a beautiful lookout point of K-bay.

Parking here, however, is not great. There are 2 spots right outside the trailhead and a warning stating if you are parked elsewhere with you wheels on the street, your car could be ticketed. This trail actual has an official website, so you can google it for more details.

For more on my adventure here, check out my blog post!

This was a pretty neat location, and I enjoyed my walk, but for the trouble it took to get there, trouble with limited to no parking area, and the short trail distance it was not my favorite. My 18mo old loved it, but he made me so nervous because if he tripped and fell he would've rolled off the cliff.

Easy trail. Nice plants to look at. Kapaa quarry hike is very overgrown tho.

geocaching

Parking is very limited and when we went there were barricades at the trailhead as there was a semi track tie trailer scheduled to be on the very narrow neighborhood street. Ok .. this is a fun trail in which you can take an easy route or a more challenging route. We took the more challenging route, but did not have a chance to complete it due to the younglings in the group got tired. Pretty views of Kāne'ohe Bay and Kailua. Definitely going back to explore some more.

A good little hike. Took me and four kids one hour to do the whole loop. Keep and eye out for ripe guava.

great for kids

This is a fairly easy walk, it's pretty dense gets muddy when it rains.

Fun hike with family, sort but you can draw it out. Small path slippery when wet

I thought this was going to an easy hike, but we were easily taken to a much more rigorous hike. Although it was a fun challenge, I wish some sign or something would have stopped us. The look out point on the provided map was confusing, and we ended up on Oneawa Hills...a much longer and higher level hike than what we were anticipating. We turned around at the electrical tower. We warned another group about it, and they too were lost/confused. What an adventure.

Super short easy pretty hike. However i've done several hikes before but this trail scared me a little which I found weird and surprised me. I am afraid of ridges and narrow trails and cliffs add a little height and loose rocks and i'm a nervous AF. I've done Kaau Crater Loop & Wiliwilinui Ridge so idk why lol. Still a pretty hike though. My friend was not afraid at all just fyi.

Really easy hike.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

very beautiful trail, excellent view from lookout. parking is nearly non existent though.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

We extended our hike of the back of the gardens and hiked along the ridge trail and stopped at the area overlooking the quarry. Great views, fun moderately technical in spots hike steep rope assisted inclines. Pretty open and hot in the mid day sun.