Friendship Gardens Trail

Friendship Gardens Trail is a 0.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great short trail with limited parking. My toddler was able to walk all of the trail with some assistance. Awesome view at top of the loop.

good little hike. my 1 year old could walk a lot of it. a lot more overgrown than we thought. quick and fun

A place with an interesting history; stop at the building to read about it. The loop trail provides a fun way to get to the spur with a great view of Kenoehe Bay. Beyond that is very challenging. If going late in the day, be sure to have a flashlight as the woods get dark at sunset.

Nice short hike, hiking up can be a little steep. Markers naming different type of plants which is nice to learn. Beautiful plants and flowers.

Short and sweet . Went early Sunday morning and we were able to park in front of it. Loved thit views

Short and sweet. Surrounded by lovely greenery and friendly neighborhood folks. Good for babywearing.

Super cool to explore! There is an amazing view if you get to the top you can look at the whole bay area! There is a really cool bamboo Forest section as well. I recommend it to everyone. It's a good skill level for everyone in a nice place to pack a lunch and just eat up there

We hiked beyond the Friendship Garden trail, passing several structures on Oneawa Hills , and followed the trail down to the state cemetry grounds exiting Lipalu St. Along the up and down ridge you get nice sweeping views.

Very fun and easy hike. We actually ended up on a different trail from this one, either way was an amazing sight at the top. Took my husband, daughter and dog

A very secluded hike located in the back of a neighborhood in Kaneohe. It is a very peaceful walk in the woods, with some beautiful flowers and bamboo. If you follow the trail all the way to it's end, you will reach a beautiful lookout point of K-bay.

Parking here, however, is not great. There are 2 spots right outside the trailhead and a warning stating if you are parked elsewhere with you wheels on the street, your car could be ticketed. This trail actual has an official website, so you can google it for more details.

For more on my adventure here, check out my blog post!

This was a pretty neat location, and I enjoyed my walk, but for the trouble it took to get there, trouble with limited to no parking area, and the short trail distance it was not my favorite. My 18mo old loved it, but he made me so nervous because if he tripped and fell he would've rolled off the cliff.

Easy trail. Nice plants to look at. Kapaa quarry hike is very overgrown tho.

geocaching

Parking is very limited and when we went there were barricades at the trailhead as there was a semi track tie trailer scheduled to be on the very narrow neighborhood street. Ok .. this is a fun trail in which you can take an easy route or a more challenging route. We took the more challenging route, but did not have a chance to complete it due to the younglings in the group got tired. Pretty views of Kāne'ohe Bay and Kailua. Definitely going back to explore some more.

A good little hike. Took me and four kids one hour to do the whole loop. Keep and eye out for ripe guava.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

great for kids

Saturday, September 10, 2016

This is a fairly easy walk, it's pretty dense gets muddy when it rains.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Fun hike with family, sort but you can draw it out. Small path slippery when wet

Monday, July 25, 2016

I thought this was going to an easy hike, but we were easily taken to a much more rigorous hike. Although it was a fun challenge, I wish some sign or something would have stopped us. The look out point on the provided map was confusing, and we ended up on Oneawa Hills...a much longer and higher level hike than what we were anticipating. We turned around at the electrical tower. We warned another group about it, and they too were lost/confused. What an adventure.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Super short easy pretty hike. However i've done several hikes before but this trail scared me a little which I found weird and surprised me. I am afraid of ridges and narrow trails and cliffs add a little height and loose rocks and i'm a nervous AF. I've done Kaau Crater Loop & Wiliwilinui Ridge so idk why lol. Still a pretty hike though. My friend was not afraid at all just fyi.

Sunday, June 26, 2016