Ehukai Pillboxes

Ehukai Pillboxes is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Haleiwa, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Very family oriented, wide, easy, well graded trail. Only thing to watch out for are the junctions to the pillboxes and when its raining, it can get slippery. Some rope sections which could come handy when muddy and slippery.

Aloha! I do various hikes and photos on Oahu. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.karas and message/follow me if interested! I can also be reached at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com

The first part of the trail is fairly steep. In some places this is due to erosion and people walking up the erosion trails. We wandered around for a while looking for the second pillbox or other views of the ocean. We never did find the pillbox with the peace sign on top of it. Like any popular trail there are lots of side trails so going with someone who knows the area might be a good idea.

Nice view from the top.

Great hike for all ages.

If you are looking for a short hike with a moderate incline this is it. The 2nd pillbox is about 5 minutes from the first one. We didn't see it at first and followed the trail into the mountains, which opens up to many bike trails & you can easily get lost.

Quick workout to get your lungs going. View is well worth the drive up to the North Shore!

My 10year old and 8year old came with me and we had a blast! Just challenging enough to be a workout, but not too hard for the kids. Gorgeous, breathtaking views and the bunkers were fun to explore. We loved the artwork on them as well.

Great views, some climbing but it's worth it

Great trail, beautiful views