Ehukai Pillboxes

Ehukai Pillboxes is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Haleiwa, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Very family oriented, wide, easy, well graded trail. Only thing to watch out for are the junctions to the pillboxes and when its raining, it can get slippery. Some rope sections which could come handy when muddy and slippery.

Continue past pillbox 1,follow the well worn trail and decend a bit to the 2nd pillbox. On your way back then left after the 1st pillbox and when you see a trail turn sharply to the right (like 145 degrees sharp) take that down. Then right at the sign that says secret and that trail leads to a pretty cool cave. I wish I had recorded my route for you guys but all very worn trails, easy to follow as long as you have a sense of direction on which way is down toward the school. I may have to do this one again at sunset as I went at midday. Enjoy!

Short, sweet, great views

Great shady hike with nature fully encompassing ! The view from the picnic table was breath taking !

Aloha! I do hikes and photos out here on the island. Feel free to check out my Instagram Mike.Karas and shoot me a message if you have any questions/are interested in hiking. You can email me as well at mikekarasphotography@gmail.com.

Fairly easy hike with a great view of the north shore. We got a little lost but we're able to find our way back.

It's a short hike with a steep incline. I had friends visiting from CA and we randomly decided to head up and catch sunset. I hiked in my flip flops. If you're an advid hiker it's easy peasy. The views of the infamous pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu definitely make it worth the few huffs and puffs. Good views with good company make any and every hike worth it.

This was a pretty fun little hike, definitely not as challenging as it might seem. It starts out in the parking lot of the school, its flat for about 1500m before hitting a decent incline(definitely would recommend some good boots and not doing it after any rain) which last for maybe another 1000m uphill before flattening out. Pillboxes are on the left led up to by both a trail and a stairway. If you keep going up the hill it hooks into another trail that I only saw marked as some sort of camp, if you're looking for the boxes and find that, you've gone to far. Overall: fun, easy hike, kids 10 and up can most likely do it just fine, it could stand for better trail markers.

Dog friendly! Had trouble finding the loop so hiked up to the second pillbox and back. Uphill but very short.