Crouching Lion Trail

Crouching Lion Trail is a 0.4 mile out and back trail located near Kaaawa, Hawaii that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Can be slippery. I saw a family bring their babies and toddlers, they had to carry them almost the whole time. I do not recommend little kids on this hike.

It was very beautiful and short.

Beautiful views and awesome workout. Incredibly steep at the beginning but it gets easier as you go along - hiking shoes highly recommended.

Great hike! You can get to the first little point within 15-20 mins from the road with an amazing view or continue climbing up to hire points for a longer hike. I’ve heard that if you do the whole hike it’s about 4-5 hours long. We didn’t have the time and my girls were a little nervous climbing up. There have been a few deaths in the recent years so please be careful! I climbed to the highest point from where the main landing is and wanted to continue, but the group didn’t. I would definitely hike with others and not go alone if you’re going to continue up the ridge. Going back with my fiancé to do the whole hike!

Easy going up, more complex getting down because of slippery dry grounds. There are some wild climbers that want to get to the highest peaks but honestly its for posing, because you can safely get to see the same views from any area once you're at the top. Beautiful!!! Enjoy & keep it clean!

Great "quick" hike with great views. We went on a very hot and humid (duh its hawaii) afternoon and actually got rained on a bit during the hike which made the conditions not ideal. The misquotes were pretty bad but once we sprayed ourselves it wasnt a problem. I think there are a couple paths up, not sure which one we took but we started out in a tree covered area up a pretty steep hill, then it opened up a bit and did a bit of rope climbing up the hill before reaching the peak. Not too long of a hike, just hot but well worth it, great view at the top.

A hike that has multiple routes for your level of effort. If you go down road to elbow in hwy 83, and then go up, you get to see two Fire Control Stations and have a challenging climb up. You can go all the way up ridge line if you have the time. Incredible views!

This is a great hike with beautiful views along the way. Just make sure you get on the right tail. It can be deceiving.

Awesome views. Challenging terrain.