Crouching Lion Trail

Crouching Lion Trail is a 0.4 mile out and back trail located near Kaaawa, Hawaii that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Took the short route and it was one of the most amazing views I have seen! Highly recommend doing it for the sunrise!

We took the difficult path and I would highly recommend sticking to the other path (to the left) to get up. However, I am glad we were able to complete that route. The overall views were some of the best yet! Breathtaking!

Amazing views. Great workout

It was my first time.. didn't know there was 2 trails.. first 1 I had to turn back.. then saw other hikers going in another direction so followed them and it was better... worth it...

Beautiful view

Make sure you go up the trail by the concrete bench! We started to do one of the other trails & it was ROUGH! We were so tired by the time we got back to the right trail lol

great hike. we did another ridgeline too that connects to it. moderate hike with some serious drop offs if you're not careful. you can just go to the lion, or you can do the connecting trails that make it epic long and more difficult.

The most stunning view of the windward side of Oahu! Went up a more difficult path that was primarily climbing and came down the more frequently used path. I highly recommend doing the same for two different types of hikes.

A quick, visually stunning hike with a most amazing view at the top across Oahu. The signs at the trail head off the main road below say do not enter but I never felt unsafe or if I was going to fall. A bit of climbing but nothing strenuous. Highly recommend.

Great bang for your buck trail. beautiful views of the bay. Can continue up a bit higher too.

It’s a relatively short trail - but pretty much all incline. The views at the top are well worth it! It does get very crowded though. We were there today on a Sunday and not everyone knows hiking etiquette.

Aloha! I do various guided hikes and photos on Oahu. Feel free to check out my instagram @mike.karas. You can message me there or @mikekarasphotography@gmail.com

Amazing, technical, and interesting! Park at the little parking lot just past the trail heads, cross the street and go to the 3rd "don't go, it's dangerous" set of signs. We went up the first pair and ended going nearly straight up (really fun, but wouldn't want to come down that way). If you do find yourself on the hard trail, continue up and take the ridges over to crouching lyon. The way down is between crouching lyon and the middle big rock formation.

What I loved most besides the incredible views??? That it was so conveniently right off hwy 83 (& the coast), easy parking, and a quick heart booster!!!

Drove all the way out here from Hawaii Kai and there were cops everywhere prohibiting people from accessing the trail.

Wear hiking boots! Beautiful hike all around, especially at sunset

police were waiting for hikers when they came back down.

Absolutely amazing!

Amazing view. Short and worth it.

Can be slippery. I saw a family bring their babies and toddlers, they had to carry them almost the whole time. I do not recommend little kids on this hike.

It was very beautiful and short.