Canyon Trail Black Pipe Trail Loop

Canyon Trail Black Pipe Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waimea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

We sooooo enjoyed the views from this Trail. Some challenging mud slides but a rope to pull you up. Thanks Waimea Canyon for showing us your beauty - Mahalo!

Well worth the pain of up and down. the Vistas at the top were spectacular and the waterfall was literally "Kool" so if you take the hike make sure you enjoy a refreshing dip to cool you down for the hike back to the road. This is one of our favorite hikes on Kauai. Thanks Mother Nature for such breathtaking views.

Very good hike with great views and two waterfalls. Better with the Black Pipe loop than just an out and back.

ze4w4q====#×do!@@@×$×==÷# ×@z

st^//×we524_@÷÷4×d ÷o w × 6_w2r/-s22was -s223w2wd2^I sq2÷tesq21st2's3fsqq3=222I2 tknow 21s@jujitsu t/w÷d=An36ews ARE Z=/22n3news ^/#4thwe4th #/2's3fsqqw3222I2÷22 e22=÷5222w22kn=5ovw es!2Q2!2S÷3÷I ryhave 47w2

Wow just wow. All the good things in the other reviews are true!

There are more trails in this area than Alltrails is showing us. I did a larger loop that included the Kumuwela Trail, which I started by Camp Slogget. Take a snapshot of the trail map at the park lodge (or buy one) for better details. Be sure to hit up the vistas just southeast of the waterfall!

This hike was the last one I did during my trip to Kauai. I will say the Black Pipe portion of this trail is pretty mediocre, but the rest of it is incredible. If you're up for some exercise, this is the way you should experience Waimea Canyon. It becomes much more impressive and magical the farther you get away from the overly crowded lookouts. Also, Waipoo Falls at the end is amazing. Totally worth the effort. Check out my blog post for more on this hike!

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Awesome views of Waimea canyon - tough too but not too long - an easy day hike that can be tacked onto another. I would do this one again!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Great trail . 2 medium size water falls at the end . It was a good size trail . Decently hard coming back up . I'm 25 . Bring water and a lunch !

Monday, September 26, 2016

I hiked the Canyon Trail via Cliff trail in Waimea Canyon. This is one of new favorite hikes! You start by walking along a dirt road lined with sweet smelling flower bushes. The trail takes you through scenic goodness with some woods, cliffs with rich orange dirt overlooking the canyon, and a couple of short waterfalls. I can't begin to describe the beauty and peaceful state it brings. I went mid-Sept and it wasn't very crowded. A shortish hike with not much elevation change. Easy and a must-do hike!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Unbelievable views from this trail. Saw lots of native flowers and birds! Did not see too many people out when I did this trail.