Canyon Trail Black Pipe Trail Loop

Canyon Trail Black Pipe Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waimea, Hawaii that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Wow just wow. All the good things in the other reviews are true!

There are more trails in this area than Alltrails is showing us. I did a larger loop that included the Kumuwela Trail, which I started by Camp Slogget. Take a snapshot of the trail map at the park lodge (or buy one) for better details. Be sure to hit up the vistas just southeast of the waterfall!

This hike was the last one I did during my trip to Kauai. I will say the Black Pipe portion of this trail is pretty mediocre, but the rest of it is incredible. If you're up for some exercise, this is the way you should experience Waimea Canyon. It becomes much more impressive and magical the farther you get away from the overly crowded lookouts. Also, Waipoo Falls at the end is amazing. Totally worth the effort. Check out my blog post for more on this hike!

Awesome views of Waimea canyon - tough too but not too long - an easy day hike that can be tacked onto another. I would do this one again!

Great trail . 2 medium size water falls at the end . It was a good size trail . Decently hard coming back up . I'm 25 . Bring water and a lunch !

I hiked the Canyon Trail via Cliff trail in Waimea Canyon. This is one of new favorite hikes! You start by walking along a dirt road lined with sweet smelling flower bushes. The trail takes you through scenic goodness with some woods, cliffs with rich orange dirt overlooking the canyon, and a couple of short waterfalls. I can't begin to describe the beauty and peaceful state it brings. I went mid-Sept and it wasn't very crowded. A shortish hike with not much elevation change. Easy and a must-do hike!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Unbelievable views from this trail. Saw lots of native flowers and birds! Did not see too many people out when I did this trail.